Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 11:59 AM

425 posts, read 1,755,207 times

Advertisements

This happens all the time with makeup and beauty products. Ask kiehl's how many times they have re-formulated their facial cleanser. Product change is nothing new and I am also the guy whose favorite products are always discontinued or "re-formulated".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocsanders View Post
We just purchased in Decatur, off Sycamore Drive - around the corner from where the Wal-Mart will seemingly be. I'm not crazy about the idea of a Wal-Mart for my own personal (liberal) philosophical reason, but I gotta believe it will make Surburban Plaza look better than it does now.

Admittedly, I am a transplant from NYC that has been in the area for all of 4 months.

As far as TJ's is concerned, while in theory it seems like it would go better with the "ideals" and "culture" of the area, I really dislike TJ's personally. I despise that they admittedly vary their products without warning. You could have a favorite (fill in the blank) and BAM! Discontinued...even if it is a bestseller. Makes absolutely no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 09:48 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Decatur neighbors spar over proposed Walmart supercenter *| ajc.com

Old 12-26-2011, 08:54 AM

99 posts, read 212,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgpill View Post
This happens all the time with makeup and beauty products. Ask kiehl's how many times they have re-formulated their facial cleanser. Product change is nothing new and I am also the guy whose favorite products are always discontinued or "re-formulated".
Reformulations, IMO, are quite different. Take Aveda. They often reformulate and replace. But there is usually an explanation, even if it is half-cocked. For TJs, they admit that there is no rhyme or reason to discontinuing products. Name three other companies that admittedly discontinue (not reformulate/replace/try to improve) BESTSELLERS and I will concede that this bothers me for no reason.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:40 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,223,600 times
There still seems to be strong opposition to this new Walmart.

"About 100 protesters rallied in Decatur Saturday against a Wal-Mart proposed for a site about a mile from the city's downtown square..."

Wal-Mart protesters stage rally in Decatur *| ajc.com

Old 11-07-2013, 12:15 PM

35 posts, read 46,990 times
Well, looks like this is a go.

Medlock Area Neighborhood Association (MANA): Selig Enterprises gets go-ahead to build Suburban Plaza Walmart

The development resembles Ansley Mall a little. . .

Old 06-12-2014, 01:59 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,223,600 times
Medlock Area Neighborhood Association (MANA): Selig update on Suburban Plaza: commitments, timelines

Old 06-12-2014, 02:41 PM

23,450 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Walmart Supercenter Coming to Unincorporated DeKalb County?"

Old 06-12-2014, 09:59 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,775,164 times
Ouch. How did Decatur fail to keep Wal Mart out? Wal Mart destroys urban shopping, boutiques, and the like. It forces mom and pop stores to close up shop. Regardless of the propaganda that Wal Mart's money machine pays to have pumped out to the contrary of what everyone knows is true.

We've fought tooth and nail Wal Mart in Smyrna and managed to keep it out of the city limits. The only place I'd accept a Wal Mart is in the NW corner of Smyrna.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:02 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,259,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
We've fought tooth and nail Wal Mart in Smyrna and managed to keep it out of the city limits. The only place I'd accept a Wal Mart is in the NW corner of Smyrna.
This isn't in the Decatur city limits either; the difference between this and the Walmart stores just outside Smyrna are pretty negligible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta