Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 10:43 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times

Advertisements

I'm glad your getting another Waffle House if it pleases the residents. I know I always have trouble finding restaurants in the region, where I can get healthier type meals. I couldn't eat at a Waffle House if I wanted to. I doubt I could find anything on the menu that people could eat or drink, that was low carb and low sugar. Well perhaps the water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 11:33 PM

210 posts, read 455,040 times
Pertinent question: will this Waffle House have a suburban-style surface parking lot?

Old 11-20-2011, 12:33 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I couldn't eat at a Waffle House if I wanted to. I doubt I could find anything on the menu that people could eat or drink, that was low carb and low sugar. Well perhaps the water.
How about bacon and eggs?

Old 11-20-2011, 08:52 AM

112 posts, read 171,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillemeister View Post
Pertinent question: will this Waffle House have a suburban-style surface parking lot?
No parking lot. As demonstrated by the WH at Technology Square and the two WH's in downtown, the future development plans for WH is for urban locations with no free-standing building (unless a retrofit) and no dedicated parking.

As for healthier choices, WH has grilled chicken sandwiches, wraps, salads, chili, and soups. Also, nothing is deep-fried at WH, all cooked on a grill - that's why you can't get fries. That's got to count for something.

Also, people act as if this will be the only restaurant at Centennial - other options include McCormick & Schmick's, Legal Sea Foods, Baja Fresh, Park Avenue Deli, Googie Burger, Johnnie Rockets, STATS, Max's Coal Oven Pizza, Rise Sushi, Subway, all the fast food options at CCN Center, plus numerous other options within walking distance.

For the 10,000 residents downtown, having a late night comfort food place at Centennial is a nice option.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:13 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I'm glad your getting another Waffle House if it pleases the residents. I know I always have trouble finding restaurants in the region, where I can get healthier type meals. I couldn't eat at a Waffle House if I wanted to. I doubt I could find anything on the menu that people could eat or drink, that was low carb and low sugar. Well perhaps the water.
They have salads, grilled foods etc but it sounds like your mind is made it. It sure isn't a soup and salad bar but you have choices. Its also one of the places you can order things exactly how you want and SEE it being done (low oil, no salt etc)

Old 11-20-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
They have salads, grilled foods etc but it sounds like your mind is made it. It sure isn't a soup and salad bar but you have choices. Its also one of the places you can order things exactly how you want and SEE it being done (low oil, no salt etc)

Thanks. I didn't know the chain had salads and grilled foods. I haven't been to one for years, so I don't know what the current menus are. There not on the West Coast. I have only seen them when travelling in the SE or Phoenix. So perhaps I will try them out for the salads and grilled foods when visiting the region.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
How about bacon and eggs?

I wish I could. I'm a diabetic for most of my life so I don't have alot of choices. It does make it difficult when tavelling, and the breakfast meal is always the most difficult to find options. I usally end up with a Veggie Omlette with egg whites. That is if I can find restaurants that will accomodate the request. Perhaps the Waffle House Chain does now. I will have to try them out. Thanks.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:01 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
I hear you, Jimrob. My sister is a diabetic and has some of the same issues.

The Waffle House will whomp you up a veggie omelet with egg whites only. They have pretty basic fare but are good about doing whatever you want if it's within their parameters.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:12 PM

969 posts, read 1,959,378 times
Looks like they are opening in an existing empty building... they did mention they would build a an outdoor patio. At least this building fronts the street, but doesn't look like they will be constructing a new building from scratch.

Tomorrow's News Today - Atlanta: UPDATE: Waffle House "Showcase" Location Revealed

Old 11-20-2011, 01:14 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,317 times
How can you not like waffle house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta