Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM

864 posts, read 1,119,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
I never said HE was from Madagascar. I just used Madagascar as an example of where the white man has not "colonized" or had a large influence - and the result is a black person society that hasnt moved beyond where it was 2000 years ago.

So, if evil rcih whitey has kept the black man down, unfairly so, for the last 400 years in the US, what, exactly and specifically, is holding the black man back in Madagascar? Seems to me if the theory is that the only reason blacks trail whitey is because whitey is racist and has stunted their progres, then a place where whitey doensnt have sway or influence would be a model of forward progress of wealthy black men who were not placed under whitey's yolk.

Yet, that clearly isnt the case.
So all black people are from Madagascar? What's the relation aside from dark skin is my point?

Old 12-07-2011, 12:46 PM

714 posts, read 810,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
So all black people are from Madagascar? What's the relation aside from dark skin?
Its where the black man has been free to operate without the interference of rich slave owning white man

Old 12-07-2011, 12:48 PM

864 posts, read 1,119,090 times
Quote:
Its where the black man has been free to operate without the interference of rich slave owning white man
So the "black man" is a big monolith? Is the "yellow man" the same way? I'd hope you realize how silly that is. I haven't even gone into how the "black man" in U.S. is hardly "pure", nor talked about other countries and history of other "black man" as you want to lump them.

Last edited by muxBuppie; 12-07-2011 at 01:08 PM..

Old 12-07-2011, 01:00 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,533,986 times
Quote:
Awesome!!

Old 12-07-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
So the "black man" is a big monolith? Is the "yellow man" the same way? I'd hope you realize how silly that is. I haven't even gone into how the "black man" in U.S. is hardly "pure", nor talked about other countries and history of other "black man" as you want to lump them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
When you consider the fact that Western capitalism was created by and for wealthy White male landowners on the backs of slaves and indentured servants and that the basic framework of this really hasn't changed for about 400 years...then yeah, it really can be that hard. But then I'd also say that it would be easier had it not been for things like desegregation, urban renewal, and the like.
So western capitalism and the wealthy male white man are also big monoliths?

You go this route every time. No discussion at the maco level is allowed because it requires some level of generalization.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:59 PM

396 posts, read 598,957 times
what you clearly seem to be attempting to insinuate in your generalizations really shouldn't be allowed here. this isn't something that can be boiled down to a few sentences. (all the different variables that have caused different nations/cultures to develop in the way they have)

Old 12-07-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
what you clearly seem to be attempting to insinuate in your generalizations really shouldn't be allowed here. this isn't something that can be boiled down to a few sentences. (all the different variables that have caused different nations/cultures to develop in the way they have)
Shouldnt be allowed? What does that mean?

Look, if Mutiny (and others) can come here and castigate white males as for the last 400 years being abusers and users of other human beings for their own greedy purposes, then surely I, as a white male, can respond to that charge.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:21 PM

396 posts, read 598,957 times
No, you don't really have to respond to one bad generalization with another equally bad one.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:33 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,653,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyset View Post
It’s hearsay when your knowledge hasn't been updated in the last 30 years. I guess Detroit is still poppin in the music industry with Motown?

Ever heard of Dell, Texas Instruments, AT&T? The Texas economy is a lot more diverse than you remember.

The continued population exodus out of California last year reported over 130,000 people leaving the state. Guess where approximately 74,000 of them went? Yup, Texas! And I'm pretty sure most of them weren't searching for oil jobs. It wasn't your compadres either "revitalizing economies", it was upper middle class folks tired of the anti-business climate and tax and spend liberal laws of California driving up expenses. California is on the fast-track to third world status (some parts are there already). And ironically California isn't being "revitalized" by illegal aliens considering it has one of the top three if not the worst economy in nation.
Brother.....all you had to do was google. That is what it is there for. It's a great tool for those who seek to increase their knowledge Oil and Gas Rises Again in a Diversified Texas - Southwest Economy, First Quarter 2011 - FRB Dallas

Old 12-07-2011, 02:44 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,653,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyset View Post
You know you set yourself up for that one. Evidence please.
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. People do not keep data on such matters. So no data would suffice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta