Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 06:25 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
First, stop with the cliche calling names. Right away it dilutes any serious argument and looks pretty childish.
I love it how the teabaggers cant handle people using THE NAME THEY ORIGINALLY USED, but every single one of them refer to the president as Barack Hussein Obama at every opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 06:27 PM

714 posts, read 813,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
1.I Never doubt Schiff on the macro scale, but his American hate when it comes to investing lacks lol. He should stick to monetary policy and such.

Schiff makes his money giving investment advice. Its what he does.

2. I never said transit would solve our energy needs, but if the government is going to spend on transportation anyway, why not do it smart and prepare? If you want to argue against government involvement in any infrastructure then by all means you have a great argument my friend. I never took you for an anarchist though. The more you know.

Any transporation projects should be financially viable on their own without taxpayer subdsidies.

3. Do you think the government should limit or ban unions?

Neither. Its none of the govts business. They shouldnt support them either.

4. Any smart libertarian knows that anything you don't take from the government is like paying them. Think about that.
OK. Thought about it. NEXT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Absolutely, have for over a hundred years since the first unions got started.
Bull****. Public unions are criminal enterprises. Private unions aint much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatlanta View Post
Yes its sad. I travel pretty much every week on business and constantly have to defend the negative pereceptions of GA that idiots like this Tea Party women create.

The level of ignorance displayed by this women in her comments will probably be now mentioned in reports countrywide ( if not internationally) and re-enforce sterotypes about GA............

Also gotta love some of the fox news tea party "facts" being quoted here by people who have probably never left the state..............
Sure JP. Ive lived in five different states, not including my college years, been to almost every big city in hte US and travelled all over Europe and the Far East. Want to revise your baseless Ass-umptions?

Old 12-11-2011, 06:32 PM

714 posts, read 813,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
...but every single one of them refer to the president as Barack Hussein Obama at every opportunity.
Thats just when we are being polite in public. Imagine how we refer to BHO when we can speak without PC constraints

It aint only tea partiers who "got no love" for Barry. Book it.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:37 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,260,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Thats just when we are being polite in public. Imagine how we refer to BHO when we can speak without PC constraints

So, take the gloves off. This is an anonymous forum. Why do you care about being PC?

What DO you call him?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:09 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Bull****.
No it isn't. What I said was a factual statement. Corporations have indeed survived that long since unions started.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Anytime I see someone refer to the President as Barry, I immediately know that I'm speaking with someone of subpar intelligence.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:12 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
What on earth does all this have to do with Obama and conservatives vs. liberals?

If anything you'd think the Tea Party would be strongly in favor of better transportation. What better way to strengthen small business and the private sector? Transportation is the backbone of a robust capitalist economy.

Let transportation languish and the invisible hand of the market will simply move business and wealth to cities that have invested in and upgraded their infrastructure. That's exactly what we're doing now -- we are 49th in the nation in per capita transportation investments. That's roads, bridges, transit, and everything.

And of course virtually all transportation projects are actually executed by the private sector. The government can raise the money, handle the permitting and land acquisition, but other than that these are largely private undertakings.

So I can't figure why the Tea Party is so bent on something that would be a gigantic boost to the private sector.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
So I can't figure why the Tea Party is so bent on something that would be a gigantic boost to the private sector.

Because taxes are ALWAYS evil.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:29 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Well, I understand the argument against taxes that wind up just going to wasteful and stupid giveaway programs. I'm vehemently opposed to stuff like that myself.

The difference here is that this is a specific tax earmarked only for local transportation. It's a simple matter to to post all the bids, contracts and disbursements online.

If the contractors don't toe the line, go after them. We done that before.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:29 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,620,283 times
Quote:
Even when the people VOTE to tax themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta