Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 10:37 AM

5 posts, read 12,283 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating my family to the area in the near future and am looking at homes in both of these neighborhoods. I would like any and all opinions as to which area is better for:

1. Better for families?
2. Closer to shops, restaurants, parks, etc....(walking distance preferrable)
3. Closer proximity to GA400 for a commute (heading NB in the morning, SB in the afternoon.
4. Safety

I will be working in Alpharetta and I already know that the commute will not be too much fun, but I am willing to put up with an average of 45 min (each way) to be able to live in a more urban/cultured environment.

Any other opionions or neighborhood suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 11:33 AM

117 posts, read 619,700 times
Peachtree park is a more exclusive hood being that there are roughly +/- 500 homes there. The commute from here may be 5 minutes better if going up GA 400. This area is closer to Lenox mall and many other stores and retail.

Both Buckhead hoods would do fine if you could afford them.

But, Peachtree Hills is more suitable for a family in my view. I actually live in a condo building sort of connected/adjacent to Peachtree Hills and can see that family atmosphere and use the parks often.

But really safe and retail is all over for both hoods. I just like Ptree Hills better because I am biased and somewhat vested there. Although traffic is everywhere in Buckhead, Ptree park area has more.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:42 PM

27 posts, read 148,360 times
If you are looking for a family neighborhood near 400, I would look in North Buckhead (behind Phipps along Wieuca Road), Ridgedale Park (next to Target and Borders) and Pine Hills (1 mile East of Target on East Roxboro). There are some good prices here and because these areas are zoned for the excellent Sarah Smith Elementary school, many, many families live here. As far as close to 400, you can't get much closer than North Buckhead on the Sarah Smith side of Wieuca. It would be about 2-3 minutes to 400, depending where your house was located. Most houses in this neighborhood that have been redone are redone in a high-end manner because of the relative affluence of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta