Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:40 AM

56 posts, read 318,940 times

Advertisements

In a few weeks my bf and I are relocation to Lawrenceville GA, for now we plan to rent. We have looked at several community homes such as 3400 Club Drive, Water Vista and Bridgewater, we are leaning towards Bridgewater. However, my job is located in Dunwoody. is there a better way to commute to work other than by car, the traffic I encounted there a while on vaction was unbearable? Also, if you know any details about Bridgewater or area please let me know. So far what I saw was nice, I could use some advice from someone that lives there. Or just knows about the city period, also we are pretty young myself 25, bf 30 no kids. what are the good spots to hangout, shop and eat etc......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 08:44 AM

39 posts, read 99,425 times
Can you be more specific about the area/location (address, major cross streets, school cluster)

Old 01-18-2007, 09:21 AM

1,025 posts, read 4,094,353 times
Getting from the Pleasant Hill Road area to Dunwoody anytime of day is no fun but at rush hours that commute is truly a nightmarish scenario. I assume the unbearable traffic that you witnessed during your vacation was I-85 south, the most direct route?

If you start out on the very early side of morning rush, continue west on Pleasant Hill (past the mall) you might work your way over on the side roads, but I'll bet those are pretty bad too and with less capacity.

Is there any reason why you must live in Gwinnett? There are so many apartments in Dunwoody and on the north end of town.

What part of Dunwoody is the job, Perimeter Center area?

Old 01-18-2007, 10:01 AM

we choose Guinnett county because it gives my bf and I equal traveling distant 2 and from work. From what I have researched Guinnett county is a little cheaper to live than Dunwoody. The area we hope to reside is Ridge Brook Trail in the Duluth area.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:05 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_lowe1120 View Post
In a few weeks my bf and I are relocation to Lawrenceville GA, for now we plan to rent. ---- the traffic I encounted there a while on vaction was unbearable?
~~~~~~

I try to stay out of that area--one of the worst for traffic. If you can find housing closer to Peachtree Pkwy or Peachtree Industrial Blvd --the drive might be less harrowing. Crossing I85 at Pleasant Hill or Steve Reynolds is awful at all hours of the day/night.

There should be plenty 'To Do' in the area--Gwinnett Mall is located on Pleasant Hill along with all kinds of strip malls--restaurants and shopping.

Northpoint Mall/Alpharetta is not far--even more shopping/dining --more upscale--to attract the tourism $$$$. Mall of Georgia is about 20 minutes away---and Discover Mills---Sugarloaf Pkwy.

SLS

Old 01-18-2007, 10:08 AM

Thanxz for the advice. Do you know anything about a community named Bridgewater loacted on Ridge Brook Trail?

Old 01-18-2007, 10:09 AM

1,025 posts, read 4,094,353 times
Equal distance does not always result in an equal commute. You might want to renegotiate with your boyfriend and choose a residence location based on actual average commuting minutes rather than mileage.

If you have Gwinnett as your midpoint and you're the one traveling south, you get the worst commute by far!

I'm pleased to hear that you will be renting first. Nothing like looking before you leap.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:19 AM

WOW, that a lot. I thought with us living in Lawerenceville, me working in Dunwoody and bf working in Stone Mountain I would have a better commute. Will admit I was WRONG... Any more advice????? Thanks a lot. I hope when I relocate I bump heads with more friendly people as yourself.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:37 AM

985 posts, read 5,756,737 times
Sorry to say that. I wouldn't pick that place to live if I were you. That neighborhood is not that best, to say mildly. I would pick an apartment along Peachtree industrial for sure.

What's rent range? Be prepare to spend $1000 for two bedrooms and $800 one bedroom. Anything less than that is security risk.

Also, Pleasant Hill is very bad in the morning east to west and very bad from west to east in the afternoon. Bump to bump bad. I drive opposite direction everyday. So it is not the problem at all.

If you desire to live in Duluth, pick Paces commons and Estates at Crossroad.

I live in Duluth, let me know if got any question.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:40 AM

Do you know about Bridgewater aptarments homes located on ridge brook trail. Great you leave in Duluth, what are the pros and cons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta