Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:48 PM

864 posts, read 1,123,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Really? So you are not part of the black community? You arenot even African American? You are just a person? Do you consider your gender also unfairly restrictive of who you are Asa person?

Ever heard of sffirmative action? It's not something I can benefit from. Because I'm white. You can though. Because you are black. So don't get mad at me. A lot of the world looks at life thru the race prism.
There is no "gender community" where I get blamed and placed the responsibility of other men. How is it fair to throw me into some group just becuase I was born with dark skin and have me responsible and a representative for everyone with dark skin? That's racist dude. How can you not see that?

I dont support AA. I also can't benifit from not having to prove myself to racist who think I'm inferior or a thug or some other stereotype becuase I'm black. I can't just be and individual like a white person. I have to be responsible and defend my own genetics just becuase I'm black and that isn't fair.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:52 PM

538 posts, read 925,986 times
Back to the original topic.....the general trend in this country for the past half century is that whites move away from blacks due to crime problems and declining schools.....then, after whites have established new areas, blacks begin to move into those areas to get away from crime and find better schools. Atlanta is, essentially, a self-segregated city for the most part.....but in constant transition.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
Proverbial nail on the head..........
Quote:
Back at ya, NW, many times over!

Awwwwww....you guys are BFF's, how cute.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Awwwwww....you guys are BFF's, how cute.
I hope you are a female.....always been suspicious of any man who uses the word "cute"....... Chevys (whether old school or not) can be female or bi-sexual.....right?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:02 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Well now....I thought I alluded to the solution with my Marion Barry/Alcee Hastings comments above. If Marion and Alcee know they can reelected in black districts...simply because they are black.....even if they are caught bribing folks or smoking crack with a hooker.....then they are gonna bribe folks and smoke crack with hookers. Similarly, if young black "youts" don't feel like there is any societal recrimination if they are thugs, wear their pants around their knees, beat up "hoes", don't get jobs, create mayhem against whitey, etc....then they are gonna do those things as well. Like any problem.....you have to first acknowledge and accept that there is a problem before you can craft a solution............
I never said there wasn't a problem. The thing is, when I hear Bill Cosby speak of it, I feel a true sense of concern. Much of the time, when I hear about the social issues in the Black community, I usually hear it mentioned with disdain for Blacks and a general hubris. That is what bothers me.

Bill Cosby spoke out against those who were doing such things as you describe. Unfortunately, there are many who will not listen. There is only so much I can do. Some of the persons who behave in a thuggish manner don't care if they go to prison or get killed. It is an attitude of nihilism. Question is "where is this nihilism coming from and what can be done to curb the nihilism?"

Alot of Black youths who will listen do so because they want something better in life.

And something else. You mention the stuff Blacks are doing to Whites. What about the Black people who and murdering other Black people. I haven't heard much of that. That also needs to be addressed.

And I never voted for Marion Barry or Alcee. I don't even live in those districts.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Back to the original topic.....the general trend in this country for the past half century is that whites move away from blacks due to crime problems and declining schools.....then, after whites have established new areas, blacks begin to move into those areas to get away from crime and find better schools. Atlanta is, essentially, a self-segregated city for the most part.....but in constant transition.
I don't know, even without the crime issues, many Whites didn't want to live around Blacks. This is from a historical perspective. Today it's different.

As for Blacks and Whites moving, here is a question I pose. Blacks are trying to get away from crime. Why do you think many of the criminals who happen to be Black go to areas where there are alot of Blacks living as opposed to areas with very few, if any, Blacks?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Really? So you are not part of the black community? You arenot even African American? You are just a person? Do you consider your gender also unfairly restrictive of who you are Asa person?

Ever heard of sffirmative action? It's not something I can benefit from. Because I'm white. You can though. Because you are black. So don't get mad at me. A lot of the world looks at life thru the race prism.
I have a question. Why can't a person just be an individual and not let their race be the determining factor in who they are?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,952 times
Quote:
I hope you are a female.....always been suspicious of any man who uses the word "cute"....... Chevys (whether old school or not) can be female or bi-sexual.....right?

HAHA..nice comeback......

And females can't handle the horses of a big block Chevy motor NW that is properly tuned, thought you knew that. Had some chick who fishtailed my MC into a truck while in the drive thru at Wendy's back in the day, never again.

I do have one question though....can I get an invite to you and Tiger's wedding? Yall can have the bachelor/bachelorette party at Onyx on me, I'll show yall a good time.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never said there wasn't a problem. The thing is, when I hear Bill Cosby speak of it, I feel a true sense of concern. Much of the time, when I hear about the social issues in the Black community, I usually hear it mentioned with disdain for Blacks and a general hubris. That is what bothers me.

Bill Cosby spoke out against those who were doing such things as you describe. Unfortunately, there are many who will not listen. There is only so much I can do. Some of the persons who behave in a thuggish manner don't care if they go to prison or get killed. It is an attitude of nihilism. Question is "where is this nihilism coming from and what can be done to curb the nihilism?"

Alot of Black youths who will listen do so because they want something better in life.

And something else. You mention the stuff Blacks are doing to Whites. What about the Black people who and murdering other Black people. I haven't heard much of that. That also needs to be addressed.

And I never voted for Marion Barry or Alcee. I don't even live in those districts.
And how many black public figures jumped on the Bill Cosby bandwagon when he went out on a limb and made those comments......and isn't it the bigger question that it should be described as "going out on a limb"? You might not live in the districts that voted back into office Messers Hastings and Barry....but, you sure as heck get my point...

Old 01-23-2012, 08:09 PM

864 posts, read 1,123,534 times
Basically all these people concerned with blacks commiting crimes needs to talk to the blacks commiting the crimes. Not the ones who live honest lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta