Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 45,546 times

Advertisements

I Need Help Trying To Find A Nice Location Around The Atlanta Area With Low Crime & Good Schools. I'm Married With A 14 Yr. Old Girl. Hows The Pay Or Do You Need Degrees? How Is Dallas, Ga? I'm Looking At Cobb, Cherokee, And Gwinnett. Thank You For Any Help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2006, 07:23 PM

Location: We live in Virginia Beach, VA love the place but we have no family here
3 posts, read 20,734 times
I'm moving to Braselton, GA myself this summer. We are a military family and have been in Virginia Beach, VA for 13 years. In-laws live in GA which is why we are moving down there. We love it in GA, we are originally from Chicago, IL.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:11 PM

6 posts, read 77,081 times
I am moving to Cartersville Georgia and have investigated it and Bartow County has really good schools and low crime. And the prices of homes are awesome you get alot of home for your money. Good Luck.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:12 PM

6 posts, read 77,081 times
I am also from Chicago Illinois and have lived in florida since 1976 toooo long for us. Its to expensive here.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:44 AM

6 posts, read 31,186 times
I agrre with Maggie some of the best schools are in gwinnett County in which Braselton is located it also has one of the best high schools which is mill creek high my son attends school there it is also a low crime area with so amny attractions.
[moderator CUT] My advise is to look at areas like Braselton, Dacula, Bufor, Sugarhill, lawrenceville and Snellville.

Last edited by Marka; 03-29-2006 at 10:33 PM..

Old 03-30-2006, 10:28 PM

4 posts, read 40,297 times
It is allways good to have a degree but if you don't have one. Your average yearly income can be around 23 to 28 grand if you have the right experience probably even more for you because I am only 26. I recommend going to www.ejobs.org/states/gagov.html and click on the counties you are interested in and search for jobs meeting your paticulaur skills. It will give you government insurance for you and your daughter (which you can't beat). Georgia also offers Peach Care insurance for kids till they are 18. Gwinnett is one of the easiest counties to find a job in, however I would not recommend living in Gwinnett. It is crowded, and very busy. Rent is pretty high too. Expect it to be about $900 to $1100 a month (I am sure that is less than you are used to). A good rent price for a 2 or 3 bedroom house is about 6 to 7 hundred a month. Not to mention traffic is horendous anywhere you go. My husband was just in a wreck on 316 (one of Gwinnett's main highways) and it just about killed him. If I had a teen daughter about to drive I certianly would not let her learn on Gwinnett roads. You should keep searching. Get a GA map and pick cities you might want to live in and conduct a cencus search to see the population and what median incomes may be for the area. Some cities you may want to research are: Loganville, Grayson, Auburn, Bethlehem,Braselton, and mabe Dacula. I dont really like Dacula's schools. These cities are close to Gwinnett's good jobs but still no metro Atlanta city is worth raising a daughter in. Georgia beats California any day though.

Last edited by bikerbabydoll; 03-30-2006 at 10:31 PM..

Old 03-30-2006, 10:35 PM

4 posts, read 40,297 times
For thoese of you moving to Braselton you will like it. It is still a small town on the outskirts of Atlanta. Most outskirt towns are overcrowded.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:08 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,340,169 times
Dallas is alright but you will find better schools if you stick to Cobb, Cherokee, Gwinett or north Fulton. Parts of Marietta can be kind of kind of ghetto but most the rest of those counties are very nice and not very expensive for what you are getting. If you want low crime stay on the north side of town, traffic is terrible on the north side though. Degrees always help but if you have good experience you should be able to get a job. This isn't NY it's the south.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:57 PM

4 posts, read 31,654 times
Default Villa Rica is good

I am selling a house in Villa Rica, GA and relocating to California. Villa Rica is nice becuase it is safe and while a bit outside of Atlanta, it is a quick commute away and is a fast developing city. If you are interested in looking at housing, let me know I have a 3 br 2 bath with a nice big fenced yard and a drive under garage and basement.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 15,053 times
I'd like to move to Atlanta Georgia as well. I have no idea where to begin. How far away is it from North Carolina? I have a friend that lives in NC. I want to be close but not too close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta