Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 PM

193 posts, read 691,515 times

Advertisements

Yes, Riverdale IS on the move, it's on the move from the toilet into the sewer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 07:11 AM

97 posts, read 436,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martarider View Post
Yes, Riverdale IS on the move, it's on the move from the toilet into the sewer
Niice.

I was born and initially raised in Riverdale. At the time it was a decent community with well-rated schools, politics that actually leaned moderate rather than either/or, and a great public works/civil service program considering the cost of living (taxes/utilities/housing). However, as minorities moved in, they bought low-income housing, milked the surplus of tax revenue dry (no money - use public goods too much), and the tax-paying citizens moved elsewhere. This may sound harsh or prejudicial, but it isn't. Its simply the truth.

Clayton county is now a minority heavy county. Nothing particularly wrong with this - it has healthcare, food, shopping, and such all tailor-made to the black class as there are black business owners and politicians making the county what they want it to be. If you're a minority living in a majority white community, you typically have trouble finding the things you prefer in your life if their cultural. This isn't the case in Clayton County.

If you're a minority, you will likely prefer Clayton over Fayette as the further south you drive, the more white it becomes.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:52 AM

880 posts, read 2,854,043 times
Hehe, when I used to work in Atlanta, every night I would drive back through Riverdale, I would see at least 3 or 4 incidents on highway 85 where there were a half dozen cop cars responding to a disturbance!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:44 PM

165 posts, read 483,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale On the Move View Post
Riverdale is on the move. Clayton County is on the move. You always hear the good things about Peachtree City and Fayette, but you know what? Clayton has a lot to offer. There will be politics everywhere and the Sheriff does an outstanding job no matter what his personality may be. You mentioned all the negatives, but you forgot to mention that OLiver Elem. competed against 3500 high school, middle and elementary students and won 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. You forgot to mention that Riverdale High School has an excellent Technology Program that is recognized nationally. You forgot to mention that while ATL and the rest of Georgia failed to plan, Clayton County Water reserves continued to remain at 80%. We have great children here. Our schools do a great job. It's people who post these bad messages who make it bad for us. Did you mention the gangs in Cobb and Gwinett County? Clayton is a wonderful place to live. We are growing everyday and we need good people to relocate here. People who will play a positive role and help to move the city toward positive change.
What Riverdale are you talking about, and for what office are you running for? lol

Old 07-25-2008, 06:35 PM

67 posts, read 272,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbrad View Post
I was born and initially raised in Riverdale. At the time it was a decent community with well-rated schools, politics that actually leaned moderate rather than either/or, and a great public works/civil service program considering the cost of living (taxes/utilities/housing). However, as minorities moved in, they bought low-income housing, milked the surplus of tax revenue dry (no money - use public goods too much), and the tax-paying citizens moved elsewhere. This may sound harsh or prejudicial, but it isn't. Its simply the truth. .
And look at the same scenario play out at Grady Hospital, Underground Atlanta, and the city of Atlanta itself with its budget fiasco disgrace. You know, Underground Atlanta used to be a nice place to go. That was before a certain segment of the population destroyed it just like they destroyed Clayton and everywhere else they go. They destroyed Buckhead and look what happened to Buckhead. It had to be literally demolished, buildings razed to the ground, to permanently remove the gangsta filth that had invaded the area. And look at Gwinett, you know Norcross used to be a nice place and look at it now. Hispanic gangs and the Asian mafia have taken over and absolutely destroyed Norcross.

And watch out Atlantic Station, you are next. We'll never know what Atlantic Station might have been, because its right now in the process of being destroyed before it even gets off the ground. Nobody could visit there and think otherwise. What a shame and what a disgrace to humanity.

Last edited by straighttalker75; 07-25-2008 at 06:47 PM..

Old 07-26-2014, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,180 times
I am looking to move to Georgia by sept 10th because Florida SUCKS I don't think it's worst then tampa I know some areas can be bad that's any where you go but I need to know good areas for my niece and son and family (my mom, god sister, nephew, my fiancé ) to live and work in

Old 07-26-2014, 07:40 PM

708 posts, read 996,416 times
You should make a thread.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:39 PM

25 posts, read 22,296 times
Riverdale is alright. I am from Philadelphia PA, so it is truly a walk in the park. It is not horrible living there at all. Like a prior poster said some areas are a little more harsh than others, but H I been to parts of Stone Mountain that are way worse than Riverdale....I think some people do the most with going over board.

Old 05-10-2019, 05:54 AM

2 posts, read 1,705 times
Default Riverdale can get really Hood

Riverdale is a metro Atlanta city meaning it has diffents parts some parts are Hood as hell and some parts are decent middle class nieghborhoods
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta