Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 AM

957 posts, read 3,355,463 times

Advertisements

You can't go wrong with either Northpointe or Perimeter. My wife and I really like Perimeter.
They have a 6pm service at Northpointe on Sunday? I should goto Perimeter for the 9am service and and goto Northpointe at 6pm

Mattjong.. I don't think you meant "liberal church" but a more modern church right?

At Perimeter Church we've been going through a series of how to have a strong god honoring marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 08:37 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,811,352 times
The 6:00 pm Sunday service at North Point started in December. There is not programming for the kids, except for Inside-Out for high schoolers that runs from 4:30-6:30. The new 4:30 service that starts in the fall will have the full program. (I've volunteered for Waumbaland).

Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 PM

18 posts, read 35,535 times
The 6 PM sounds good but last time I checked there was no programming for kids. My wife and I have a son who's 14 months, and with all our family in The Netherlands, a kids program is essential for us to be able to attend church.

I'm looking forward to the 4:30 program!

Old 10-28-2012, 10:35 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that my wife and I have been attending North Point Community Church the last few months and it has been a wonderful experience. Andy Stanley surely is a gifted speaker. Every message gets me closer to Jesus Christ. :-)

We've also joined a small group which makes the experience a little more personal (since church messages are very anonymous).

Thank you everyone again for recommending this church!

Old 10-28-2012, 01:21 PM

957 posts, read 3,355,463 times
Hi matt, I've been attending northpoint and wanted also to plug into a small group. Which small group are u in and how is it. My wife and I are in our 30s with 2 two year olds.

Thanks
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matjong View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that my wife and I have been attending North Point Community Church the last few months and it has been a wonderful experience. Andy Stanley surely is a gifted speaker. Every message gets me closer to Jesus Christ. :-)

We've also joined a small group which makes the experience a little more personal (since church messages are very anonymous).

Thank you everyone again for recommending this church!

Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
Hi matt, I've been attending northpoint and wanted also to plug into a small group. Which small group are u in and how is it. My wife and I are in our 30s with 2 two year olds.

Thanks
James
We joined "Starting Point" which has been a nice experience so far. It's a 10 weeks program with a variety of people that want to learn more about Jesus and the Bible (people new to fait, people returning to fait etc.). North Point also has something called "community groups" with all kind of groups. The one for married couples with kids sounds like the one that would fit you well. My wife and I have a year and a half old boy and that's probably the group we will join after we finished "Starting Point".

How long have you been attending North Point?

Old 10-29-2012, 10:11 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,852,346 times
I will echo my post earlier in this thread and say thanks for the update. I really like when folks take the time to do that.

Recently there was a fantastic article in the AJC about the history of North Point and Andy Stanley and his well known dad Charles Stanley and the tumultuos ride they both went through to be where they are today. Found it:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/the-renegade-preacher/nShdm/

Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,374,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyrn View Post
If you are beginning your faith journey, you might want to check out North Point church in Alpharetta and it is easy to do by going to their website and watching a service online.
Yes. Good suggestion, roxyrn.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:58 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,811,352 times
I need to update the service schedule for NorthPoint's Alpharetta campus. Starting this fall, there is a 4:30 service that includes youth experiences for ages birth-high school. You do not have to be pre-registered, just bring your child to the proper area (Waumbaland, Upstreet, In Transit or Inside Out, before the service) and they will be welcomed and well cared for.
Then, there is a 6:30 service that doesn't include kids programming. All services are identical with music, message, etc.
My first experience with NP was when we first moved here two-and-a-half years ago. It was a huge shock to what I had always thought church was, but other family members who refused to go to mainline churches wanted to go back and we did. I joined a Woman's small group and it has been a fantastic experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta