Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:47 PM

19 posts, read 42,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDA View Post
NYC has rent control. Moving back to NYC if you don't like GA. could be a near impossibility. Can you sublet your NYC apt and live in GA while you live decide?
Your right moving back to NYC after moving out is almost near impossible. Also subleting my apartment is not an option.(my landlord lives above me)
I guess I have a lot to think about. I know I really want to move, I cant deal with the long over drawn winters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 08:18 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,932,925 times
I still say that a determined, hard working Medical Assistant in an outpatient setting can do quite well. Perhaps you can check with some of the temp agencies in town. I know that our office often hires temp to permanent MAs through temp agencies because it can be so difficult to figure out if someone is right for our office. Many outpatient private practices have excellent benefits.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
I still say that a determined, hard working Medical Assistant in an outpatient setting can do quite well. Perhaps you can check with some of the temp agencies in town. I know that our office often hires temp to permanent MAs through temp agencies because it can be so difficult to figure out if someone is right for our office. Many outpatient private practices have excellent benefits.
Can you list a few agencies to try. Also I prefer the front office aspect than the back office. Although I can do both, I enjoy the whole meet and greet the customer service atmosphere. I'm a people person. Would it be better to stick to the back office aspect of medical assisting?

Old 09-09-2007, 08:30 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,932,925 times
I'll check on the names of agencies that we are currently using tomorrow and post again. I think many offices use MAs in both positions with pretty equal pay. Do you speak Spanish?

Old 09-09-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
I'll check on the names of agencies that we are currently using tomorrow and post again. I think many offices use MAs in both positions with pretty equal pay. Do you speak Spanish?
Unfortuntly the answer is no. My dad is hispanic that is how I got the name. I can understand but can only answer with limited words.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:54 PM

103 posts, read 327,557 times
Talking Listen to what your heart says

Hello

I too became confused about my move because of what others said like, you have no degree...they will not hire you. You need to have like 15g's saved to live there, they only pay like $8 an hour.

You know where that got me...still living in a 20 yr old basement apt with major breakdowns, including flooding, insect infestation, and a horrible chemical smell that I cant get rid of.

I am moving to GA in Janruary come hell or high water. If I have to stay with my bff I will, why because I owe it to myself and my children.

You know you are gonna have to work for this to work. DO the work. Give you son space and opportunity to live a better life. Fresh air and greenery.

But do it for you and stop telling people about it. The more you tell, you give them fodder. Just two weeks before you move tell them, then say if you have nothing positive to say...leave me alone!

But give yourself the time to decide in your heart. It knows!

Be Blessed!

Old 09-10-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab1975 View Post
Hello

I too became confused about my move because of what others said like, you have no degree...they will not hire you. You need to have like 15g's saved to live there, they only pay like $8 an hour.

You know where that got me...still living in a 20 yr old basement apt with major breakdowns, including flooding, insect infestation, and a horrible chemical smell that I cant get rid of.

I am moving to GA in Janruary come hell or high water. If I have to stay with my bff I will, why because I owe it to myself and my children.

You know you are gonna have to work for this to work. DO the work. Give you son space and opportunity to live a better life. Fresh air and greenery.

But do it for you and stop telling people about it. The more you tell, you give them fodder. Just two weeks before you move tell them, then say if you have nothing positive to say...leave me alone!

But give yourself the time to decide in your heart. It knows!

Be Blessed!
Tab1975

Your absoulty correct. My apartment and your apartment are very similar, both are in need of serious help. If I had to listen to all the negativaty, I probably would'nt go any where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta