Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:58 PM

9 posts, read 27,147 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Hopefully I am posting this in the correct forum?

I am trying to obtain a license just to be able to drive to and from work, after a 2nd DUI charge. When I call the DDS, or check their website, it states that there is a mandatory 12 month hard suspension, meaning no license whatsoever is permitted. However, I have been told by a few feiends (actually, its more like "My friend has 2 DUIs, and he was driving immediately afterwards!") that it is possible to get one. My lawyer told me that I have to wait 180 days after completion of my Risk Reduction Class? Also, 2 other people told me to go to the Conyers DDS location, and they would issue a hardship license right away, even though other locations will not?

I plan to go there and just see what they say, however transportation is an issue atm...

Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of this? Any help or advice/pointers is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LML

Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 PM

9 posts, read 27,147 times
Also, I tried to find a forum online to discuss DUI laws, etc. in GA, but all I could find was a bunch of attorney ads and whatnot. Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Old 03-23-2012, 04:05 AM

403 posts, read 619,770 times
You are exceptionally selfish and not too bright either. Your first DUI wasnt enough of a wake up call? Now you get your second and you still want to drive around. You don't deserve to drive. Stay home and get sober before you kill somebody!

Old 03-23-2012, 05:34 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,441 times
My advice, ride a bicycle or talk to cqholt about MARTA

Old 03-23-2012, 06:44 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,691,369 times
Really!

I hope Atlanta Greg shuts this down!, but I kind of hope it stays open to see what people will say.

It is very simple do not drink and drive! There are very few reasons to have one DUI, but to have two you should be glad you are not locked up.

To bad MARTA wasn't a larger system because then you would not have this problem. Oh wait maybe if you did not have two DUIs you would not have this problem. (I wish MARTA was larger it would really make Atlanta more comparable to NYC)

Being serious I do believe if you have gotten two DUIs you should consider seeking alcohol/substance abuse treatment. My ex-wife was addicted to alcohol, pills, and some illegal substances(alcohol and painkillers were her drugs of choice). The addiction destroyed our marriage/family and in the end it caused her to lose her life. If you need information on treatment centers DM me.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:50 AM

454 posts, read 821,395 times
Legally you will need to show proof you will loose your job and or cannot transport your kids or offer care to apply for the hardship license. In Conyers DDS you will be OK as they issue over 100 of these a month.

As others have said it may be smarter to move somewhere close to Marta.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:12 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Sorry...after a 2nd DUI, someone's DL should be revoked or suspended for a long time. 1st time...shame on you, 2nd time...shame on me. Once is a mistake, twice is a choice (and a problem).

Any more cliches I can use to express my thoughts?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:21 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,875,132 times
don't think we're trying to be mean or anything, but i don't think many people on here will want you to be driving again. you have a problem, but that's okay because a lot of people have the same problem. maybe you should stop drinking and then you can worry about getting your driver's licence back. be glad you didn't kill yourself or someone else while driving, or end up in jail. you are a lucky person. now use those blessings G-d has given you to have a second chance and be more responsible in the future.

you don't need your driver's licence back, you need to work out your issues first.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:09 PM

388 posts, read 1,125,910 times
2 DUIs should equal a lifetime of walking IMHO.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:21 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
Did GA pass the law to allow Sunday purchases of booze? as many have posted just don't drink and drive. Even two beers can get someone nailed. If you honestly learned your lesson then i say do what's legal to get your license back but if you know in your heart your going to drink and drive again this time it's just an issue of a license consider next time it could be vehicular homicide or your own funeral.

Give up the booze... It's time..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: