Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 03:17 AM

657 posts, read 1,504,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgononrev View Post
I greatly appreciate everyone's responses!
Be careful. Some of the advice on here is from people wanting to steer you for their economic benefit.

I would highly suggest your partner's other option: Chicago over Atlanta, especially with Georgia's rapid downward real estate spiral. Purchasing a home in Atlanta is a perilous decision.

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...t-country.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...d-s-worst.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ob-losses.html

Georgia is one of the least friendly states to gays and lesbians. The religious intolerance is quite thick in Georgia, and it is detrimental to the private and public lives of gays and lesbians.

The northern (and secular) suburbs of Chicago on Lake Michigan, with its natural scenic lake beauty, as well as mass transit options connecting you directly and safely into the central city within minutes, would be a much better option for gays seeking "non-gay" areas.

Direct message me for more information.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:42 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,869,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
Georgia is one of the least friendly states to gays and lesbians. The religious intolerance is quite thick in Georgia, and it is detrimental to the private and public lives of gays and lesbians.
give me one instance of a gay person having any serious truck with anyone for being gay... even as far out as johns creek.

but you can't because what you really mean is:

Quote:
blah blah blah i hate atlanta

oh yeah and what i'm not telling you is i had some horrible personal experience here that has nothing to do with the quality of the city and i will forever associate that with atlanta, but i promise that's not why i hate it, really

Old 03-30-2012, 06:44 AM

6 posts, read 11,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm male, 62, Gay for years, still can't tell a Gay person from a Straight person on the streets! I used to, not anymore, more confusion than ever!

The confusion must stem from doing massage over the years: all those ex-football/baseball/hockey players, ex-military men, all wanting a happy ending, wishes I couldn't always comply with: I'm not a Top!

Yupper! Aliens everywhere!

Can understand the aversion to notoriously Gay areas, I avoid them myself, and even there you may find Gay people not very friendly to other Gay people, as people are people!

At 62, some younger buff Gay male may take one look at me, and mow me down, rather than say Hello!
No offense, but you are the exact type of gay person I want to avoid. Was it really necessary to broadcast to this entire message board happy endings and you are "not a Top"?

People like you are the reason we're still not accepted, because you make us ALL out to be perverts.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,356,662 times
Quote:
Be careful. Some of the advice on here is from people wanting to steer you for their economic benefit.

I would highly suggest your partner's other option: Chicago over Atlanta, especially with Georgia's rapid downward real estate spiral. Purchasing a home in Atlanta is a perilous decision.

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...t-country.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...d-s-worst.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ob-losses.html

The northern (and secular) suburbs of Chicago on Lake Michigan, with its natural scenic lake beauty, as well as mass transit options connecting you directly and safely into the central city within minutes, would be a much better option for gays seeking "non-gay" areas.

Direct message me for more information.
Please disregard everything this poster says about Atlanta. Check out his post history for proof.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
I strongly suggest simply answering the OP's question and then that's it.

Any more bickering, insults, or attacks, and the thread will be closed.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:10 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,252,946 times
Cross posting in two threads not allowed. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta