Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 03:44 PM

368 posts, read 539,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofjwp View Post
History shows GA governors to be free market Republicans, just like the founders were, so I'd expect some real progress.
What the heck are you talking about? Georgia has only had two Republican governors in the last 140 years. Get your facts straight. Your posts don't make any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 03:52 PM

730 posts, read 827,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
What the heck are you talking about? Georgia has only had two Republican governors in the last 140 years. Get your facts straight. Your posts don't make any sense.
Ok but u do realize that southern democrats were conservatives up until pretty recently. They started calling themselves republicans at the turn of the 21st century. Sonny and deal would have been democrats prior to 2000.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:09 PM

368 posts, read 539,222 times
^His post just made zero sense. First he didn't realize the Governor is part of the Government. Then he said he expects progress to be made on transportation because now it's in Deal's hands, and Deal is a free market republican just like the founding fathers, and also Georgia has a long history of free market republican governors. It's just a baffling bit of talking-in-circles logic.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:27 PM

35 posts, read 43,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post

I stand corrected. Georgia Governors have a long history of liberal policy, which is likely why the T-SPLOST vote was so close. It's tough when a few dozen percentage points away from a win determine the outcomes.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:26 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,947 times
Quote:
I stand corrected. Georgia Governors have a long history of liberal policy
Still wrong.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,079,724 times
Quote:
I stand corrected. Georgia Governors have a long history of liberal policy, which is likely why the T-SPLOST vote was so close. It's tough when a few dozen percentage points away from a win determine the outcomes.
*looks around*

Are you ... sure ... ???

This isn't the liberal I remember from where I grew up.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:47 PM

764 posts, read 1,108,640 times
Quote:
The TSPLOST was not anywhere near close! 63% to 37% is a landslide of opposition!

Old 08-08-2012, 01:28 PM

35 posts, read 43,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
*looks around*

Are you ... sure ... ???

This isn't the liberal I remember from where I grew up.
Yeah I know. In Georgia those old liberals didn't let certain people vote. The older old liberals wouldn't even let people go to school. The founders would have schooled themselves by candle light.

These new republicans are into paying for college for everyone.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:13 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,018,880 times
Mayor says Atlanta Beltline remains priority, will work with City Council to identify needed transportation projects | Atlanta News & Opinion Blog | Fresh Loaf | Creative Loafing Atlanta

His spokeswoman provided the following statement to us on Monday, which we've printed below in full. Reed says the Atlanta Beltline will be "among my top priorities in seeking federal funding." The mayor also plans to work with the Atlanta City Council on identifying what transportation projects could be funded by bonds.

“I am working with my Administration to identify alternate means to address the city’s transportation and infrastructure challenges. Voters in the City of Atlanta strongly supported the transportation referendum 58 to 42 percent, and are acutely aware that many of our sidewalks, roads and bridges are in need of repair. The strong performance of the referendum in the city shows that Atlanta residents understood the tremendous impact an additional $100 million over the next 10 years for local neighborhood improvements would have made, and it is disappointing that projects such as rail expansion to the Emory University/Clifton Corridor are off the table for the foreseeable future. Fortunately, because of the city’s improving fiscal health and the growth of its reserves from $7.4 million to more than $100 million over the past two and a half years, we have the capability to go to the capital markets for funding to meet many of our key infrastructure needs. I look forward to working with the Atlanta City Council on identifying those projects in the weeks and months ahead.

Finally, transformative transportation projects such as the Atlanta BeltLine will continue as planned through funding from the Tax Allocation District, private contributions, public/private partnerships and federal resources. Tens of thousands of passionate grassroots supporters remain engaged and the city’s philanthropic and business communities continue to be invested in this dynamic initiative. I share their passion and commitment, and as such, the Atlanta BeltLine will be among my top priorities in seeking federal funding.”

Old 08-08-2012, 02:14 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,947 times
Quote:
These new republicans are into paying for college for everyone.
I'm trying to remember another time when someone in this forum has been so consistently wrong in every single post they have made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta