Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 06:39 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times

Advertisements

Coke withdraws from group that backs Stand Your Ground law - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/coke-withdraws-group-backs-stand-ground-law-230247092.html - broken link)

Cokes reaction to this may sit well with those who have already tried the case in the court of public opinion and found Zimmerman guilty before the investigation is complete but MANY who follow the rule of law and not the mob mentality will be choosing a new soft drink after this.

Since Coke is based here in Atlanta I wonder what some of their employees think about their knee jerk reaction to these boycotts?

I personally think buy reacting so soon they and Pepsi may be placating the "civil rights" crowd but have seriously turned off people who see them as bowing to politically charged cases before knowing all the facts.

I personally wont be buying any Coke or Pepsi products after reading this and NOT because I believe one thing or the other in the Zimmerman case but because I will refuse to support ANY organization who caves so easily to left wing boycotts.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:04 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,885,278 times
Jeeze, not another poster who is trying to find any excuse to drag this case into the Atlanta forum. It's not surprising by his anti-black post history why he would post it and who's side he is on too.

Mods close this up. This case does not and will never have anything to do with Atlanta, so take it to the Orlando board.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:12 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
While I think scooby is clearly a race baiter, Coke is an Atlanta based company so it is relevant to this forum.

Coke did the right thnig. Smart businesses tend to shy away from controversy. If scooby doesn't like it, he can wipe away his tears of rage and spend his money elsewhere.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:17 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
While I think scooby is clearly a race baiter, Coke is an Atlanta based company so it is relevant to this forum.

Coke did the right thnig. Smart businesses tend to shy away from controversy. If scooby doesn't like it, he can wipe away his tears of rage and spend his money elsewhere.
Because I'm sure coke will be so hurt to miss his couple of dollars every month. Translation, no one cares.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post

Of course, anyone that doesnt have a liberal word view is a "race-baiter". I knew it wouldnt take long for "progressives" on here to start throwing out labels. The countdown has now begun. Lets see how long it takes before cry's of "racism" are thrown out.

Bottomline is that Coca Cola is one of ATLANTA'S oldest and most successful companies and they DECIDED to cave to political pressure from a left-wing organization over the Martin case. Keep telling yourself that NO ONE cares but I got news for you. There are MILLIONS of Conservative Americans who are sick to tired of these left wing groups boycotting any and everything they can find. I bet Coke has plenty of there own ATLANTA based employees who dont support this knee jerk reaction.

Last edited by suprascooby22; 04-06-2012 at 08:30 AM..

Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,021,034 times
This belongs in the Florida forum

Old 04-06-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
This belongs in the Florida forum
Did Coca Cola MOVE their world headquarters to Florida recently from ATLANTA??

Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,021,034 times
This isn't an Atlanta case. This belongs in the Florida forum

Old 04-06-2012, 08:36 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
This isn't an Atlanta case. This belongs in the Florida forum
CocaCola and Pepsi.....2 more companies not wanting to get shook down by the Not So Reverends Sharpton and Jackson!!!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:48 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Of course, anyone that doesnt have a liberal word view is a "race-baiter". I knew it wouldnt take long for "progressives" on here to start throwing out labels. The countdown has now begun. Lets see how long it takes before cry's of "racism" are thrown out.

Bottomline is that Coca Cola is one of ATLANTA'S oldest and most successful companies and they DECIDED to cave to political pressure from a left-wing organization over the Martin case. Keep telling yourself that NO ONE cares but I got news for you. There are MILLIONS of Conservative Americans who are sick to tired of these left wing groups boycotting any and everything they can find. I bet Coke has plenty of there own ATLANTA based employees who dont support this knee jerk reaction.
Who cares? You're either blowing hot air, or threatening liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta