Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2007, 12:32 AM

2 posts, read 4,759 times

Advertisements

Hey there I am a single chick with no kiddies, who is relocating to ATL and finding it extremely hard to figure out the safest budget friendly area to live. So I am calling on the EXPERTS . I have taken a job in Dunwoody, and need to rent a place in the $700 mo. range. Dunwoody seems to be outta my range. Any advice on areas close by that would suit my needs? I have seen that doraville has some cheapies, but I also get the impression that it may not be the safest area. Anyone ever heard of a Complex called Northchase (in doraville), located on Industrial BLVD? Great price but might be scarey. Pre-Thanks.....You guys rock!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 07:18 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,659,327 times
Do not live in NorthChase or really anywhere close to the perimeter on Peachtree Industrial... terrible area-- very icky apartment complexes.

The apartment market is somewhat competitive in Dunwoody because so much new has been built. Have you thought about working with an apartment locator service? It is a free service for the renter...

Old 09-15-2007, 08:16 PM

6 posts, read 37,825 times
There is an apartment community in Doraville called Longwood Vista. It was built in 2005. I recently visited the complex only to find out it is an income based community and very affordable. My salary was too high for consideration. They are very cute apartments though. The reviews on the apartment review site is mixed. You can see several photos and do a virtual tour on forrent.com. Just do a search for Longwood Vista.

Also, consider visiting Craigslist and do a search in the rentals for 'Georgetown'. This is a community of townhomes and flats that is located in Chamblee. I recently moved here. There are always 1br units for rent and they are usually priced in your range. The community is older, but I am renting a unit that was nicely updated by the owner. Many owners are updating the units (or have already done so). So far I have had no issues and it seems to be a very quiet and peaceful place. My son and I have gone walking in the community after sunset several times and feel very safe in doing so.

Craigslist is a great place to narrow down housing options as far as pricing goes. They have a search tool toward the top of the page once you are in the rental section that allows you to search using a keyword or with price parameters. Good luck to you.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:45 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,738,607 times
There are a few apartments in Dunwoody off of Barfield Road that may fit the bill. Also, check Craigslist, Makingitinthecity and atlantaapartmentfinder.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:41 AM

2 posts, read 4,759 times
Thanks for the great ideas. I will be apt. hunting hot and heavy this week as I start my new J-O-B on mon! I will definitely be checking into the given suggestions. Once again thanks.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:00 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,738,607 times
Best of luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: