Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 01:11 PM

4 posts, read 10,221 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm looking at a couple houses in these places.

High schools are Wheeler, Sprayberry, and Peachtree Ridge which all seem to be average to above average.

The Suwanee houses are within a mile of 85 and the East Cobb ones are about 2-3 miles east of 75.

Can anyone offer suggestions or thoughts on crime, location, whatever as I'm having a hard time deciding which would be better for me and for long-term resale value. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 09:32 PM

65 posts, read 215,875 times
I would suggest Suwanee, Cobb is over crowded and a traffic mess. Suwanee was just voted one of the best areas in the country to live. It has all the small town charm while having a great commercial hub there for business. It is close to I85 for commuting and shopping at two malls with the surrounding dining excellent. Crime doen't seem to be a factor there..... Let me know if I can help...Bill

Last edited by BillWagner; 09-16-2007 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: adding text

Old 09-17-2007, 08:22 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWagner View Post
I would suggest Suwanee, Cobb is over crowded and a traffic mess. Suwanee was just voted one of the best areas in the country to live. It has all the small town charm while having a great commercial hub there for business. It is close to I85 for commuting and shopping at two malls with the surrounding dining excellent. Crime doen't seem to be a factor there..... Let me know if I can help...Bill
And Gwinnett is not overcrowded nor has traffic problems?

To wassupman - where will you be working? That should be a big factor as well.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:39 PM

4 posts, read 10,221 times
I'll be working around buckhead area. I do know Suwanee is an up and coming place. On the other hand, it is very close to Lawrenceville which has been going downward lately IMO.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:05 AM

273 posts, read 1,754,946 times
I live in Suwanee, grew up in East Cobb. East Cobb use to be "the place to be" when I was growing up, now it has aged a bit. For long-term resale value I would go with Suwanee. More new homes, more new businesses. I can't say that I ever considered Lawrenceville as an issue. There are so many different neighborhoods around, some good and some not so good. I had not heard that Lawrenceville was "going downward" but it's not close enough to me to matter. You tend to stay very local or get in your car and go.

I agree with the low crime in Suwanee. I feel very safe going out alone, to the grocery store or malls at night, etc. Peachtree Ridge is a good school, nice new building in a nice area. There's a town park with eateries and a seasonal farmer's market. We feel perfectly safe letting the teenagers go up there alone to get ice cream and "hang out".

Old 10-20-2007, 11:07 PM

2 posts, read 6,822 times
What about Cricket Ridge subdivision in Lawrenceville, can anyone give any info? Thanks

Old 10-20-2007, 11:33 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupman View Post
Hi I'm looking at a couple houses in these places.

High schools are Wheeler, Sprayberry, and Peachtree Ridge which all seem to be average to above average.

The Suwanee houses are within a mile of 85 and the East Cobb ones are about 2-3 miles east of 75.

Can anyone offer suggestions or thoughts on crime, location, whatever as I'm having a hard time deciding which would be better for me and for long-term resale value. Thank you.
Most definitely East Cobb...and you're already going in the right direction with choosing either the Wheeler or Sprayberry districts. Why East Cobb? Closer to Buckhead, established and less traffic compared to other suburban areas. And...since it was mostly developed prior to 1990, the area is full of trees!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta