Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 01:30 PM

19 posts, read 29,702 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are currently based in Dunwoody and would like to move to the East Cobb area,since we heard that this is a very good school district. Can someone please let us know which are the good elementary schools in this district and which zip codes we shud be narrowing our apartment search on ? My office is located very close to Cumberland Mall, and from some of the posts within this forum I came to know that Mt Bethel is one of the good elementary schools. Please share some thoughts/opinions which would help us base our decision. also trying to find some good apartments affiliated to the school district. thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 01:32 PM

16,627 posts, read 29,293,919 times
There are so many great elementary schools in East Cobb. You will need to be more specific about your criteria (price range for living, desired commute time, other, etc.).

And--why are you leaving Dunwoody? Great elementary schools as well--just not as many since posh Dunwoody is much smaller than tony East Cobb.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:51 PM

230 posts, read 490,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_atl View Post
Hello,
We are currently based in Dunwoody and would like to move to the East Cobb area,since we heard that this is a very good school district. Can someone please let us know which are the good elementary schools in this district and which zip codes we shud be narrowing our apartment search on ? My office is located very close to Cumberland Mall, and from some of the posts within this forum I came to know that Mt Bethel is one of the good elementary schools. Please share some thoughts/opinions which would help us base our decision. also trying to find some good apartments affiliated to the school district. thanks in advance...
You are in good hands. Aries is brilliant, especially when it comes to schools. That being said, what elementary school are you currently zoned for?

Old 05-24-2012, 02:05 PM

19 posts, read 29,702 times
we are leaving Dunwoody since my spouse is likely to start a job in the Johnson Ferry/Roswell Road area (zip 30062). and I work at Cobb Parkway area (very close to Cumberland Mall)..We are looking for good apartments in the range of $900-$1000 in this area. is Mt Bethel a good elementary school ? or we shud search apartments in zip codes 30066, 30068..thanks.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 PM

550 posts, read 983,957 times
Mt. Bethel is an excellent school. Personally I prefer Timber Ridge because it is smaller. They are both less than 5 minutes from that intersection. I don't know that there are apts. in either area, but I could be wrong. Good luck!

Old 05-26-2012, 04:24 PM

16,627 posts, read 29,293,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_atl View Post
we are leaving Dunwoody since my spouse is likely to start a job in the Johnson Ferry/Roswell Road area (zip 30062). and I work at Cobb Parkway area (very close to Cumberland Mall)..We are looking for good apartments in the range of $900-$1000 in this area. is Mt Bethel a good elementary school ? or we shud search apartments in zip codes 30066, 30068..thanks.

The issue is that many, if not most, elementary school zones in East Cobb will not have apartment complexes. There are some in the Sope Creek district, for example, but these are expensive ones along the river. Mount Bethel may have one, but the more I think about it, I think it is a condo complex.

So, based on you criteria (good school, East Cobb location, convenience to y'all's jobs, and apartments), here is what I recommend {basically, it is just the good East Cobb elementary schools that have some apartment complexes):

Eastvalley*
Sedalia Park*
Sope Creek*
Bells Ferry
Kincaid (I think, maybe a few apartments)
Mount Bethel (I think, maybe a few apartments)
Nicholson
Chalker
Addison (I think, maybe a few apartments)
Blackwell (I think, maybe a few apartments)

* = your best bets/meets your criteria the best

Bells Ferry, Nicholson, Chalker, and Blackwell will be further away from Johnson Ferry+Roswell, but the commute should still be OK.

Powers Ferry and Brumby have lots of apartment complexes--however, these two East Cobb schools don't have the reputation as being as strong as the others. They are ok/decent, though. I personally like Powers Ferry a lot.

You may also want to consider the following elementary schools in "eastern" South Cobb:

King Springs
Nickajack
Teasley

~These three schools are great. They are very close to Cobb Parkway/Cumberland Mall and would still offer an ok commute to Johnson Ferry+Roswell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: