U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 11:00 PM
fil

364 posts, read 1,536,583 times

Advertisements

Stay close to where the first dog was found.

We rescued and fostered a dog and it ran on the new owners the day we adopted him away. We found him where we thought. Not a happy ending near a busy intersection.

Bottom line, he was hiding in the woods near the road waiting for us to find him and we were too late.

WALK. Get out of your car and keep calling him/her.

Good luck!!! I'm still heart broken about losing him and still mad at the family that adopted him because I was at their neighborhood searching for 10 days and never ran into them. Driving by the intersection still makes me sad.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 05:21 AM

612 posts, read 2,644,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil View Post
Stay close to where the first dog was found.

We rescued and fostered a dog and it ran on the new owners the day we adopted him away. We found him where we thought. Not a happy ending near a busy intersection.

Bottom line, he was hiding in the woods near the road waiting for us to find him and we were too late.

WALK. Get out of your car and keep calling him/her.

Good luck!!! I'm still heart broken about losing him and still mad at the family that adopted him because I was at their neighborhood searching for 10 days and never ran into them. Driving by the intersection still makes me sad.

I definately am searching where my other dog was found. I visited the people who turned in my husky to animal control and they said they thought a neighbor said something about seeing a rottweiler there too. At that time, no one had seen my ads so they didn't put it together. There is a large creek that runs through there and I think they were keeping close to the water.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and I'm sorry to hear about your adopted dog.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:41 AM
fil

364 posts, read 1,536,583 times
Good luck to you and I pray that you find your dog.

You may want to put up missing dog signs along the creek.

You also may want to camp out, lay a favorite food trail towards your tent, and record your typical call and cycle play it on a boom box so that your rottie comes to you.

Sorry, they're my family, so I'd go overboard trying to get them back with me.

Time is not on your side.

We only had our foster dog, a cowardly Border Collie, for 2 months until we found a home for him. He must have sat at the edge of the woods accross the street in front of their neighborhood on the other side of a very busy intersection, afraid to come because that's the way he was, got hit by a car after 10 days, and died by the side of the road. I know that it was 10 days because I was there every day and he was less than a 1/4 mi a way from me the whole time. That was 4 years ago and it still bothers me.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:18 AM

My heart breaks for you. Losing a pet is so rough, my heart breaks about one of my dogs that died in 2003, I know what you mean.

The good thing is I found my husky who is totally incapable of taking care of himself. He is retarded and partially blind, I never thought he would last nine days away from home, even with the rottweiler's help. I'm pretty sure the rottweiler was seen day before yesterday in the same area, the guy didn't know dog breeds but it was a pretty good description. The other positive...tomorrow is garbage day in that neighborhood so it should bring out a very hungry rotty once again.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:23 PM

183 posts, read 957,210 times
Just wondering if you got your other dog back? I hope so! Do let us know....have been thinking positively for you and his return.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:57 AM

Keep up the positive thinking!

I have bombarded the area looking for him, so far no luck, but I have a feeling he is still out there. I drive the roads enough to know he hasn't been hit so that makes me feel better. The animal shelter is on it, they recognize me now, so they said they check all the incoming dogs. I even spoke to the police about what to do if they get any call on a rottweiler in the area.

I will not give up looking for him. It makes me kinda crazy though that my husky had to have been about 50 feet away from where I was calling him and banging his food bowl last week. Then again, you never know about that dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: