U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 04:36 PM

612 posts, read 2,640,267 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where you are allowed to put posters of missing pets in Gwinnett County? I have two lost dogs and no stores will let me put up posters and there has been a total crackdown in Snellville of putting posters on utility poles. Please give me any info you can.

Dawn--looking desperately for my dogs
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 05:27 PM

183 posts, read 955,879 times
Have you tried calling animal control to see if they have been picked up? Maybe you can post a message on Craigslist....that might work. Where are you located and what kind of dogs are they? I do hope you find them, I am sure they need you as you do them!

Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 PM

I go to Gwinnett and Rockdale animal control every day to check for them. I posted on all the 'missing dog' websites and am working on Craigslist as we speak.

They are a Siberian Husky and a Rottweiler. I was contacted by an animal rescue group today saying there are alot of 'missing' dogs in my area lately. I live off Mink Livsey Road in the southern part of Snellville.

I just feel like if I can put enough posters up someone will see them. I have spent at least six hours a day looking for them since last Tuesday and I am just not getting anywhere, it is so wooded down here but I know they must be really hungry and lost.

And thanks for the reply, I'm just so upset I can't even sleep and I'm just desperate for ideas. I must have given you rep points not long ago, it won't let me.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:09 AM

I am so sorry. I know how you must feel. I love my dogs...they are like my kids! I know where you live, you're not far from me! They won't let you put a sign on the entrance to various subdivisions? I see them attached to the stop sign coming out of my subdivision all the time.There are several farms in that area, have you tried knocking on their doors? I would be worried sick, too. I am sure someone has seen them, probably is feeding them. Did they have id tags? I hope you get word on them soon. When I drive thru that area, I will watch for them.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:13 AM

I just thought of this you may try contacting vets offices. My vet has a notebook in his office...they post lost and found pets in it. Maybe someone has posted them there. It's worth a try! My vet is at Countryside Animal Hospital.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmom View Post
I just thought of this you may try contacting vets offices. My vet has a notebook in his office...they post lost and found pets in it. Maybe someone has posted them there. It's worth a try! My vet is at Countryside Animal Hospital.
I will definately try that. I live in Wynterset Lakes and they even made people take down for sale signs at the entrance. Also, we have underground utilities so there are no poles around. I have put some posters up but they are taken down by the next day. I did find a neighborhood where there was trash chewed up two days in a row, I'm concentrating my search there right now.

I just can't believe the stores here don't have a board that you can put stuff on, they were everywhere in Florida, but then, everyone was peddling something or other there.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:26 AM

Just in case anyone wondered, my husky was found today right in the neighborhood with the chewed up garbage. Off to find my other baby! Nine days is a long time to be missing....

Old 09-28-2007, 06:09 AM

167 posts, read 721,373 times
Good luck finding your other dog. Gwinnett County as a whole bans placing any personal/illegitimate business signs along major streets. For Sale signs are only legal in front of the house that is for sale and most times, it can only be one sign in front of the house. I've learned this too. The new Quality of Life unit is on the roads everyday picking up signs along the street.

I do hope you find your other dog.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj73 View Post
Good luck finding your other dog. Gwinnett County as a whole bans placing any personal/illegitimate business signs along major streets. For Sale signs are only legal in front of the house that is for sale and most times, it can only be one sign in front of the house. I've learned this too. The new Quality of Life unit is on the roads everyday picking up signs along the street.

I do hope you find your other dog.
Thank you. Through my travels I have met so many nice people and some people are putting the signs on their mailbox poles. I had a sighting of my other dog across the street from where the other one was found, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and on my fourth tank of gas in ten days driving the area looking for him.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh891 View Post
Just in case anyone wondered, my husky was found today right in the neighborhood with the chewed up garbage. Off to find my other baby! Nine days is a long time to be missing....
I am so happy for you and your dog. The other one should be coming around....I hope you find him/her. I have been keeping an eye out while driving in your area. Please keep us posted with more good news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: