Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 09:28 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I will never understand why people don't appreciate the point of paying over $14 for a hamburger.
To show everyone how willing you are to splurge on fancy food?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 09:58 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,234,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
We went to the Buckhead restaurant one night and the music was so loud you literally couldn't converse. After about 10 minutes of sign language we gave up.

I know the feeling. Im sure I sound old, late 20s, complaing about the volume of music... but good lord! What is the appeal having to literally yell to have a conversation? In a bar at 11pm, I get it. But a restaurant... Seems as if it is attempting to make up for that lack interesting conversation for their target patrons.

Been to Flip. Don't care for style over taste.

Vortex = 10000x better.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:04 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,884,470 times
Oh my gosh, there is NOTHING "hipster" about FLIP Burger, a overpriced gourmet upscale burger joint. Vortext is the only place I'd consider "hipster" for burgers.

Good grief. You guys are terrible.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:34 AM

368 posts, read 539,043 times
^I agree. I've been to Flip several times and I've never gotten any attitude from the workers. I think a lot of people on here don't know what "hipster" means. Hipsters aren't eating at Flip. They're riding one-speed bikes around Kirkwood and EAV.

I'm not sure what people are talking about with $14 burgers. They do have one expensive burger with foie gras on the menu, but most are $7 or $8.

And the Krispy Kreme milkshake is one of the best desserts I've ever had.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:42 AM

528 posts, read 1,283,379 times
I have been and thought it was neat. My family was visiting from out of town and we wanted I try it. Plus one of the chefs from Top Chef owns it and we thought that was cool too. Listen, Buffalo is boring so anything out of the norm excited us!! It was not a typical burger joint but it had a cool atmosphere, great different type burgers, yummy fries with yummy sauces and cool milkshakes. This whole going places to be seen is so laughable to me. I think those that think these places are like that and complain about it are the insecure ones who want to be seen!

Old 07-07-2012, 10:18 PM

6 posts, read 7,837 times
I ate at the Buckhead location. Pricey, but it was fun. Krispy Kreme shake is yummy!

Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 PM

262 posts, read 637,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlmomoftwo View Post
Oh good grief, Flip is great. It's fancy burgers so fancy prices, but ingredients are high quality and they are delicious, as are the sides (IMO they beat the milkshakes). I am a mom, not a hipster. I go fairly often with my family and have never caught attitude from staff or patrons. I think at any trendy spot, if you go looking for pretense, you can find it. If you go looking for a unique burger experience (even compared to Farm or Yeah Burger), then you will enjoy. Have fun!
I agree completely. I'm also a mom and I'm far from hip. I have been to Farm Burger many times (it's close to my house) but still prefer the food at Flip. To each his own, right?

Old 07-08-2012, 07:25 AM

18 posts, read 60,205 times
I have been to Flip a number of times since they opened, at both the Howell Mill and Roswell Rd. locations. Loved it when they first opened, but think it is just ok now. People rave about Farmburger, and I think it's just ok, even with the high quality ingredients (which I appreciate). My personal favorite is actually Yeah Burger. Vortex has always had a good burger, so you can't go wrong there. Lastly, people rave about "The Earl" in EAV, and I thought it was just ok as well.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:13 PM

6 posts, read 7,837 times
Anyone try Smashburger (John's Creek)? Yummy fries!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta