Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,043 times

Advertisements

I am new to Atlanta and was wondering how/where to go to meet people. I am 18 and just moved from Las Vegas and do not know anyone here but family. Also, what kinds of things are there here to do for fun???....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 08:52 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,928,809 times
Jeesh - with a name like XOHeatherXO, I don't think you'll have much trouble meeting men!

Old 09-29-2007, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 6,043 times
lol its just a name... and its not men i am interested in meeting... right now i am just looking for friends

Old 09-29-2007, 09:47 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,044,657 times
Hi Heather,
I am curious so see the responses to your question. My wife and I are in our late 20's and will be moving to Atlanta in about a month and don't know anyone there. We are very excited about the move!

Old 09-30-2007, 12:10 AM

6 posts, read 20,677 times
Well, we've got the old saloon on the northside of town... The stables are to the south... If you get as far away as Rome you might can see the stars.

Nah, there's quite a bit to do! Always a sporting event (none of our teams win) going on, and there's places like the Roxy, Masquerade and Tabernacle to catch up on some great music acts that are always coming through! I'm not much for the nightclub scene, but I've got friends who talk about spending their weekends trying out new clubs, so I imagine they are here somewhere. Coffee shops are becoming more prevalent around here, which can be great places to drink away that hangover with equally-suffering friends, right?

Also, there are so many freaking restaurants in this town. If you ever feel you are hungry here, you're not looking hard enough. (Try out Maggiano's if you've got plenty of extra money. $30/person should do!)

Old 09-30-2007, 01:03 AM
fil

364 posts, read 1,626,840 times
Welcome to town. Here's a list of things that I love about Atlanta: //www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...atlanta-2.html

Best bet I've always found in moving to new places not knowing a soul is to do an activity that you enjoy, hopefully you'll meet some friends or someone special in the process.

Join a gym, find a team sport to join, go to church, go "downtown" near the Fox on a Thurs-Saturday and you'll meet people out partying.

For underage stuff near GSU and GT downtown, I believe that the Library was the place to party. It's a bar..18+. I felt like a perv going there with some buddies, but it's definitely for the 18+ crowd.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:14 AM

17,471 posts, read 65,994,520 times
I don't mean to rain on your parade- but at 18 I'd be at school working on a degree- theres a good start, lots of people, and lots of things to do. Maybe do the more urban thing (GSU), or if you're an OTP (outside the perimeter) type person try Perimeter College or Kennesaw State. I'm a true believer in "birds of a feather..."
I did have one social club in mind- but you need to be 21yo.
Good Luck!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:38 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,418 times
Thumbs up Library is closed!

For underage stuff near GSU and GT downtown, I believe that the Library was the place to party. It's a bar..18+. I felt like a perv going there with some buddies, but it's definitely for the 18+ crowd.[/quote]

The library is now the Uptown Comedy Club. Really for the 18-21 scene you need to be enrolled in a college and find out what's going on with the campus scene and campuses across Atlanta. Usually the Fraternities/Sororities/Cool People on campus and party promoters handle that scene and it's really geared to the colleges here in Atlanta which include the Atlanta University Center(Spelman, Morehouse, Clark Atlanta University), Georgia Tech, Emory, Kennesaw State & Georgia State University.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: