Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:29 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,236,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyset View Post
It's Atlanta's and Georgia's largest company measured by market value at $173 Billion. For comparison Google is worth $199 Billion.
Oh yeah, Atlanta is definitely on the fast track to Birmingham 2.0...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 10:29 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,436,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
I guess coke didn't get the memo.
You're supposed to build your new office building in the suburbs and let your old building sit vacant for years and years until it's finally torn down.

As for philanthropy, it would be really nice if the Coca Cola corporation would build state-of-the-art medical centers across the globe that offered free medical care to all their customers to get treatment for tooth decay, cancer and obesity related conditions, diabetes, heart attacks, kidney problems and so on and so forth. It's really the least they can do for pushing it's toxic obesity juice on the world.
Why not build a new tower, and donate the building to Georgia Tech

Old 07-22-2012, 10:31 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,911,741 times
Didn't they have some kind of decorative lighting on the building during the 1996 Olympics? I'd be happy if they brought that back.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
That might be better for Atlanta's version of the Eiffel Tower.

And Home Depot is known for its ostentatious flashiness.
That true, even Delta possible could have had a tower downtown, but Marcus from Home Depot did give like millions of dollars to build the GA aquarium.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:34 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,236,024 times
I thought they did something more recently, in the past year, with projections on the side of the building at night.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqZv7NWgT8Q
If it was less busy, would be a pretty cool permanent fixture on the building.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Didn't they have some kind of decorative lighting on the building during the 1996 Olympics? I'd be happy if they brought that back.
that would not solve the daytime problem of the boring box shape tower. I think the Suntrust and BOA tower shows personality, Coke need something like that.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I thought they did something more recently, in the past year, with projections on the side of the building at night.

Here it is:
Coca-Cola 125th Anniversary Event - HQ Building Projection - YouTube
If it was less busy, would be a pretty cool permanent fixture on the building.
Oh yes it would be cool if it was permanent, but would definetely cause some accidents lol

Old 07-23-2012, 12:51 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,690,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
I guess coke didn't get the memo.
You're supposed to build your new office building in the suburbs and let your old building sit vacant for years and years until it's finally torn down.

As for philanthropy, it would be really nice if the Coca Cola corporation would build state-of-the-art medical centers across the globe that offered free medical care to all their customers to get treatment for tooth decay, cancer and obesity related conditions, diabetes, heart attacks, kidney problems and so on and so forth. It's really the least they can do for pushing it's toxic obesity juice on the world.
God forbid anybody takes personal responsibility! Coke does not make you drink what they make. A person has a choice. I guess you want the government to get involved because the evil corporations are so bad!

Old 07-23-2012, 02:58 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,870,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
God forbid anybody takes personal responsibility! Coke does not make you drink what they make. A person has a choice. I guess you want the government to get involved because the evil corporations are so bad!
agreed in this case— although there are some cases such as asbestos manufacturing, lead paint, etc. where the individual doesn't have a choice and can be harmed with very few exposures. coke is a soft drink, not too hard to avoid— the mormons do it.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:40 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,350,355 times
Why shouldn't Coke stay where they are and renovate? Isn't that the responsible thing to do? Heck, if I were a stockholder of these companies I'd be glad that they weren't out buying "signature" skyscrapers for no real reason other than the "hey, that would be kinda cool" proposed on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta