Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,838 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a great lawn service and pest control company. What or who do you recommend? And why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 08:31 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Raydon View Post
I am looking for a great lawn service and pest control company. What or who do you recommend? And why?
I do my own lawn (or rather my 16 year old son does ) but I can recommend Arrow Exterminators for pest control. We have our termite bond and prevention with them, and they do routine preventative pest control for us as well. Their prices are good, they have a great program for termite control, and I've found the service to be excellent.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:47 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Does nobody do their own lawn anymore? I used to love cutting the grass ... when I had a lawn.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:59 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,083,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Does nobody do their own lawn anymore? I used to love cutting the grass ... when I had a lawn.
I did for the first few years, but 95 degree weather and the hill we have in the back proved to be less fun than I expected. It's not the same here as it was back when I was a kid in MN ... mowing my Dad's lawn in75 degrees under the shade of his oak trees was a much better deal!

I may start doing it again, tho. But I'll get an electric mower if I do.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:04 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,772,627 times
I do my own lawn and my neighbors - what I don't do is clean my own house!

Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,812,722 times
We live in Roswell and highly recommend Mobile Joe's lawn service. My husband always used to do his own lawn, but now his Saturdays are free to play golf.

(I do clean my own house)

Old 07-28-2012, 08:39 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,808,379 times
I also vote for Arrow. No issues at all.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
I cut my own grass. I even throw a dumbbell onto the back of the mower and stripe the lawn.

I also use Arrow. They seem fine for termite control. They come and check the Sentricom a couple times of year and once a year they give you a full inspection. I just continued the bond the previous homeowner had. The price seems reasonable and they are always nice, but I've never had a claim with them. I assume the bond would be honored with no problem.

For pest control, I'll tell you what I tell everyone. Pest control is a huge rip off. I already had a sprayer, which you can get for around $15 at Home Depot if you don't have. Then I went online and bought enough bifenthrin for at least 18 months worth of treatments (and that's if you do it every month, which you don't need to) for $25. So for less than half what it costs to have an extreminator come out once, I probably got at least 2 years worth of pest control that is just as good.

It's amazingly easy to do. I got bifenthrin because it is a broad label pesticide that also controls centipedes, which I had, but you can get whatever chemical suits you best. Then literally all you have to do is spray around the outside of your house where the house meets the foundation. I'm not sure how to handle a basement, but it can't be too much more complicated. If you want to ensure you never see a bug, you can do it every month, but honestly, I just wait until I see a bug or two, then do it again. Depending on how much it has rained and other things, it can be several months before I need to reapply. You are also in full control. You can do it as much or as little as you want, and if it doesn't seem to be working, just make your concentration a little bit stronger. I wouldn't do it for termites (even though bifenthrin actually is indicated for them), but for every day pest control, professionals are an incredible rip off since there really isn't much of a science or art to it and it is unbelievably simple to do yourself.

Once you get a good enough perimeter going outside with a good treatment, you never have to spray inside. I like the idea of not having pesticides inside the house.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:53 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,983 times
In Norcross I recommend Arbor-Nomics for great lawn service.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:21 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,462 times
Legacy Pest Control

Owner is Randy who personally comes to your home most times. Was never late for an appointment and if I was running late they waited patiently in the driveway. I called every time I saw a fruit fly in my house and they came out and sprayed immediately. Very customer service oriented and extremely nice to deal with. Let my bug obsessed kids follow them around while they checked the house(and answered millions of questions curious kids have) every year when we renewed. Used the most enviromentally safe stuff available that is still extremely effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta