Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:33 AM

7 posts, read 21,161 times

Advertisements

Wow! 2 years since I originally posted this and I missed some awesome posts. I just wanted to thank you all for that! We did go on our trip to my mothers and it was awesome! It was like 34 degrees here in October when we left. When we got to Georgia it 88 degrees! So, we went from winter coats to shorts. Very cool! I still really love Georgia and can't wait to make another trip.

My husband did pull out of Louisiana and it has gotten the worst here it has ever been for the flooring business. Of course, we're in a recession so who wants a floor when you're not sure if you'll keep getting paychecks? It is understandable but it's killing us.

I actually just finished schooling for Medical Coding and can't find a job to save my life. My husband won't even consider moving either. We couldn't afford to move anyway right now. Unless someone out there wants to live here and trade your Georgia house for mine, LOL! Someday, I do plan to move to Georgia with or without him. I'm kidding, of course but NY is awful. It would be great if we could somehow relocate and he could get his "foot in the door" and I could get a job at a hospital or doctor's office, but we'll have to win the lottery for that to happen.

Anyway, thanks alot for all the information. I am still very much interested. It's only a matter of when it'll happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 01:41 PM

17 posts, read 60,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoody2shoes View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am currently living in New York. I have read many posts how Georgians don't really want us yankees down there.

Thanks!!
Come on down! I'm from NY as well.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:04 AM

7 posts, read 21,161 times
Cool One More Thing....

Oh. There's one other thing that I forgot to mention....

Now, I know that some Georgians would prefer to not have us Northerners there, but I honestly think that is not a common feeling. As someone mentioned, there being many different areas relocating there. Not to mention all the illegals who are stealing away any work and working for peanuts.

I can tell you if I run into a southern person here (alot of Floridians live here in the Summer months) the first thought in my mind is not what the heck are they doing here, they should be in Florida, get them outta my state. I appreciate all cultures. If we were all of one culture, it would be boring-we'd all be exactly the same!

Anyway, when I was down there I was overwhelmed and amazed by the southern people. They are the most caring and polite people I have ever met. People in NY are far from those qualities. They are rude people. Of course, there are some that can be nice, but for the most part they are not. My guess is the ones that are nice are not from here.

My mother lives in Georgia and her biggest complaint is the illegals taking all the work. It took her a long time to get her job because she didn't speak spanish. But, she loves it there. She loves the people, the weather, and has always felt welcome there.

Anyway, to make a long story short(er) I just could not believe the kindness, politeness, and the way southerners went out of their way to try to help when we were there. It was amazing!

Old 06-12-2009, 07:26 AM

26 posts, read 129,448 times
I just moved from NYC as well, but am still in my "transition" stage. I work in Manhattan and get back to my home in Fairburn once, sometimes twice, per month. I must say that I have never felt unwelcome in Atlanta - not at all. In fact, I am offered the same "southern charm" after I mention where I am from. To be honest, there are very few native southerners in my subdivision. Everyone is from someplace else, which is one of the things we love the most.

If you are truly interested in moving down someday, continue to dream, then plan. If you can see yourself there, it can happen. The recession isn't going to last forever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta