Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,379 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm moving to ATL in about 2 weeks and was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for apartments? I'm going to be living alone, with a ceiling of $1,000 for rent. I'd like to not be far away from things to do on the weekends/evenings and hopefully in a neighborhood that is safe. I've been looking and found a few places but craigslist has been strangely unhelpful. 99% of ads of from huge complexes it looks like that come up no matter what I search for. Maybe those are good apartment complexes but still, annoying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 02:27 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Old 4th Ward you might find something. Will be difficult for that price in Midtown or Buckhead. Check places along the East-West MARTA line, like Cabbagetown, Reyonldstown, Edgewood, and Kirkwood. All are safe, close to entertainment areas, and have apts in your price range. Eg: Fulton Mill Lofts.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:55 PM

3,709 posts, read 5,985,671 times
I'm having trouble imagining a person who would get along well in Buckhead and O4W. It's sort of like saying you can't decide between buying a Prius or a Land Rover.

Just look on Craigslist. Apartment complexes in Atlanta tend to be a good bit higher than private rentals, and private rentals often include one or more utilities (water, especially). Type in specific streets you want to live on, rather than neighborhoods (or else you'll get all sorts of "Just minutes from Midtown!" BS).

BTW, Midtown is a pretty good area to live in no matter what "social group" you consider yourself a part of. Buckhead, however, is kryptonite for hipsters, while O4W is a bad place for someone who wants to show off their S-Series.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:39 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Braden Fellman

Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,379 times
I was thinking of that but since I haven't moved out there yet I don't know what streets I want to live on. As for Buckhead and o4w, my soon to be boss said they both might be good places to live, and luckily for me(trying to find that silver lining) I don't(yet) own a S series.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:22 PM

747 posts, read 1,544,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
I'm having trouble imagining a person who would get along well in Buckhead and O4W. It's sort of like saying you can't decide between buying a Prius or a Land Rover.

Just look on Craigslist. Apartment complexes in Atlanta tend to be a good bit higher than private rentals, and private rentals often include one or more utilities (water, especially). Type in specific streets you want to live on, rather than neighborhoods (or else you'll get all sorts of "Just minutes from Midtown!" BS).

BTW, Midtown is a pretty good area to live in no matter what "social group" you consider yourself a part of. Buckhead, however, is kryptonite for hipsters, while O4W is a bad place for someone who wants to show off their S-Series.
That's pretty funny - today I saw a home on 9th Street with a Prius and a Range Rover in the driveway, so I guess you can have it all in Midtown .

Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 PM

179 posts, read 325,410 times
I just signed a lease on an apartment in Grant Park, at the Burnett complex. Rent will be just over $900/month, it has stainless steel appliances, and it comes with a w/d. The neighborhood seems pretty safe, and close enough to Midtown and downtown that there's lots of stuff to do, but far enough away that it's a little more quiet and relaxing.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:13 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,118 times
Just a warning beware of those places that have both tax assistance tenants and market rate tenants living together in the same complex. I would try to find a place where only Market rate tenants are renting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: