Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 02:56 PM

34 posts, read 80,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Sire? No blue blood here.

I'd say the metro sees a snowfall of 1" or more just about every year, or perhaps two out of three.

Most of the time the snow sticks around on the grass for a day or two and then disappears. Often the roads stay clear because the road surface is above freezing.

These are pics I took that show pretty typical scenes during/after a "normal" snowfall in Atlanta.

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...s-pict0026.jpg
//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...photo-0009.jpg

Here are some pics of the 5" snowfall I was talking about earilier.

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...2011snow-2.png
//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...an2011snow.png
Quit feeding the trolls as this is not even related to Hurricane Isaac
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 02:58 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonPad View Post
It's still weather related. And you are...?

Edit:

I wish it would rain here a little more. My lawn is still thirsty.

Better?

Last edited by rcsteiner; 08-29-2012 at 03:28 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 04:07 AM

92 posts, read 231,247 times
Red face nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Sire? No blue blood here.

I'd say the metro sees a snowfall of 1" or more just about every year, or perhaps two out of three.

Most of the time the snow sticks around on the grass for a day or two and then disappears. Often the roads stay clear because the road surface is above freezing.

These are pics I took that show pretty typical scenes during/after a "normal" snowfall in Atlanta.

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...s-pict0026.jpg
//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...photo-0009.jpg

Here are some pics of the 5" snowfall I was talking about earilier.

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...2011snow-2.png
//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...an2011snow.png
Perfect!!!! I was born in and grew up in Maryland and that might not even be enough to close the schools up there either, possibly one of those dumb 2 hour delays. Not a chance of schools closing whatsoever in the North Star State, then again there might not be enough traction to be able to take the Land of Over 15,000 Lakes' preferred choice of transportation to school (snowmobile), and they would have to close them after all.
With the quality of these works of art (your photos), I may just be prodded into liking you one day, instead of the usual of being put into the 'brig' by the mighty atlantagreg. I was just picking on you with a side of light-heartedness and a dash of respect by calling you those names lately, so don't tell him on me . Now, I guarantee you that I will need to soon wash my nose, it is getting very filthy right about now.

Last edited by FlipperrX; 08-30-2012 at 04:22 AM.. Reason: left out some words

Old 08-30-2012, 04:35 AM

92 posts, read 231,247 times
Unhappy you meanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonPad View Post
If you would have politely read my well-stated brief diversion previous in the thread, you may very well realize that you were slightly erroneous to flap your jowls in that manner. Unless you are just a meanie. Your stats would suggest that the 'troll' moniker would be more appropriate for you rather than me, if only slightly, and if that is one way that status of troll is determined. Besides I have been coming in these forums for years. Now back to topic: It does not appear that Atlanta will not even receive the faintest drizzle out of Isaac, does it? Had to try and save this post somehow from the powerful atlantagreg, as feeble a save it may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta