Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 06:09 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,691,599 times

Advertisements

Oh also Lanier Parking Solutions is a great company. I have offices in two buildings downtown and in the building with Lanier they are always a pleasure to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,019 times
Default Lanier Parking Ripoff. We also were ripped off by Lanier. We parked at their garage near the downtown Atlanta Hilton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webwaster View Post
Hi, we came to Atlanta for Dragon*Con this year over Labor Day weekend. We parked in a parking garage operated by Lanier Parking Solutions. They said they don't own the garage and won't tell me who owns the garage so I cannot go directly to the owner. Here's what happened. We pulled into the garage (there was a flag man waving people in) with signs all over the place clearly marked "Event Parking $20 Flat Rate" which I photographed once I was charged. I realized this would be $20 every time I pulled my car out of the garage but we were planning on eating around the convention and so I didn't worry about it. When we left on Monday afternoon they said it was $100 and I was in SHOCK. I thought we would be paying $20 as the signs said. In talking to the ladies working the garage they kept saying you're going to have to pay and we just work here. They also said I wasn't the only one complaining and that I had been there 5 days and had to just pay. I asked for a manager and they said they were all gone for the holiday. They said I would need to call and leave a message. I left a message and got no return call so I called back on Tuesday. The receptionist was very nice and said their voice mail system was broken and they couldn't access it. She took my information and had a gentleman by the name of Edward Calloway call me back. He said on our sign it didn't say anything about having to only pay one time. I told him the sign clearly says Flat Rate and he said to me that he knew exactly how his sign read and that it was obvious it was not $20 one time price. I told him I understood I would have to pay $20 each time I left the garage and that's why I left my car there and we took a taxi to the restaurant which actually would have been less expensive to just move the car I later found. Their advertising appears to been in violation of the FTC code of deceptive advertising and looking up their BBB results for this branch of their office they get quite a few complaints. According to the BBB they appear to resolve these complaints, but I have been unable to get them to return calls. Edward Calloway is good about answering his phone and getting you to the right person and he can be reached at 404-372-8805. I've been trying to get in touch with his manager, Cody Sheily, at 404-572-2900, but the attendant there, Carolyn insists she will get him the message since their voice mail system is broken and everything. As it appears I will not get a reply from Mr Sheily, I have left a message for Mr. Steven Taft at the corporate offices 404-881-6076. All I ask they do is make their signs clear by simply adding a sticker at the bottom that says "Per Day" and then refunding my $80 they overcharged me. It's not an unreasonable request. Had I know in advance it would be $20 per day I would not have parked there as there is a lot around the corner that offers monthly parking for $60 I believe was the price but am not positive that is uncovered. Why would I think that parking would be $600 a month in a deck when it's less than $100 a month on an open lot. I ask that anyone who has been overcharged by Lanier Parking Solutions, please call their offices and say hey give me my refund and change your signs. In researching this with the FTC, it seems if they lose a suit they are subject to 3X damages plus legal fees. Mr. Edward Calloway told me he thinks there are around 1300 parking spots in this deck so the damages would be $312,000 plus whatever attorney fees for just this deck alone. Mr. Calloway informed me that Lanier Parking Solutions has 6 parking lots/decks in the immediate Dragon*con parking area though he would not tell me which were managed by Lanier Parking Solutions. So if they average 1000 spots each that would be $1.44 Million for just the Dragon*con weekend. If there is an event each weekend, that's $74.8 Billion a year damages from just these 6 decks. You would think they would spend a few hundred bucks on stickers for all their signs and just advertise truthfully. According to their website, they have 400 properties in 50 cities. So if this is what they can do with simply one garage over one weekend think about how much they are stealing from us nationwide with 400. No wonder they don't want to tell you who owns the property itself. Why would they want to lose a cash cow like these? I hope Lanier Parking Solutions gets their act together and actually fixes this advertising issue and sends out refunds to those of you who request them. I don't really want to see a company crash having to pay out millions in damages, but I just want them to do the right thing. If I'd known how much it was going to be to park there, I would not have parked there. I was completely misled and I know that others were too, so if you know anyone who has been overcharged by Lanier Parking Solutions, please ask them to call the office. They generally answer the phone and if enough of us call maybe they'll fix the signs. The parking in my home city is not managed by Lanier Parking Solutions, but at least the signs don't mislead you like the ones from Lanier Parking Solutions. I've spent a lot more than $80 worth of my time trying to let people know the issue and try to get someone at Lanier Parking Solutions corporate office to go take a look at the signs, but they say they know their signs are fine. I still want my refund but it's more the principle of the matter than the money.

Pass this along to your friends!

We took our Grandkids to Atlanta to visit the aquarium and stayed at the Downtown Hilton. I parked in the Lanier Garage next to the Hilton since I have an oversized vehicle (Navigator). I arrived about 7PM and there was a large sign which said Daily rate $16. I assued that since there ar 24 hours in a day I would be charged what the sign said. When I left the next AM I was charged $32. The attendant pointed to the small print which mentioned a "reset at 4AM". So what am I supposed to do? Get up at 3:30 Am and move the car. What a ripoff! I wonder how many out of town folks fell for that? I promise I will never stay in downtown Atlanta again. I don't care what you say that is deceptive.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:04 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
That's a very common practice throughout the parking industry. Heck, even valets at hotels do that.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:15 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiftonrad View Post
I assumed that since there ar 24 hours in a day I would be charged what the sign said.
And there is where your problems began...

Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiftonrad View Post
I arrived about 7PM and there was a large sign which said Daily rate $16. I assued that since there ar 24 hours in a day I would be charged what the sign said. When I left the next AM I was charged $32. The attendant pointed to the small print which mentioned a "reset at 4AM". So what am I supposed to do? Get up at 3:30 Am and move the car.
As Axl Rose would say, welcome to the jungle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: