Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 11:57 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any recommendation for a good shuttle to ATL Airport? Are there any compelling reasons to use a shuttle service vs. taking MARTA? I'm leaning more towards parking at a MARTA station rather than pay for a shuttle. I think long term parking at some stations is as low as $5/day. I'm going to be gone for a little over a week, so I'm trying to figure out what would be more cost effective.

Thanks in advance as always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 12:14 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,254,112 times
Depending where you are coming from, shuttles can run $35-50 one way to the airport. If you have no nearby access to the MARTA train, for that "short" of a time, it might be more convenient and about the same price to park either at the airport or one of the many off-site parking lots.

I personally use PreFlight Parking because I get a 35% discount as an employee of Georgia Tech. However, here is a coupon to get parking rates of $6.20 per day: Airport Parking Discount Coupon for Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport ATL. PreFlight Airport Parking

If you'll be gone even for 10 days, that is $62.00, which will be cheaper than a round trip using a shuttle service. Plus, it will be much more convenient than parking at MARTA.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:20 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,000,428 times
I Get dropped off, or take a cab to/from Marta. For 'long term' parking do you want to have your car in the Marta lot for a week or so? Also what time does your flight get back, Marta does not run 24x7 so if you get back late or your flight gets in late, you may miss the last train, and wind up with a $100+ cab ride. Anytime my fight comes back later then 2p i part at park/fly

Old 09-21-2012, 05:31 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,019,407 times
Some marta stations have secured long term parking. I know brookhaven station has it

Old 09-21-2012, 05:44 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,000,428 times
For me it missing the last train out that is the problem with marta, Even if you plan to get in hours before last train, flight delays, can push you to miss the last train, Happened 2x to me, two times to many.

Once I took a cab, 2nd time I rented a car, then had to drive down next day to return car, and then take marta back. was a fun way to send 3 hours driving to airport, returning car, taking marta back to my car... Even without missed train, there is no real cost saving parking / taking marta. Parking Marta / $8-day Marta fare $5 per person.

Parking @ airport (off-site $8/10 day (and there always a deal). ) 400 toll $1 , Running cost of car 25c/mile $20. Allway have a way home no matter what time it is.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:12 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,769,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Anyone have any recommendation for a good shuttle to ATL Airport? Are there any compelling reasons to use a shuttle service vs. taking MARTA? I'm leaning more towards parking at a MARTA station rather than pay for a shuttle. I think long term parking at some stations is as low as $5/day. I'm going to be gone for a little over a week, so I'm trying to figure out what would be more cost effective.

Thanks in advance as always.
For just a week parking at MARTA is the best bet! I do this all the time. It is the 2+ week trips I change my habits.

One catch... long-term parking is either $5 or $8 depending on which station! It is more expensive at popular commuter lots that fill up and cheaper at older commuter lots that sit partially empty. They post this on their website.

I don't know them all off hand, but I know I can't use Doraville, Chamblee, and North Springs for cheaper parking. I use Dunwoody (in the Heart of the perimeter area; therefore not ideal for rush hour commuters), which has $5/day parking.

I also like to use the off-site parking lots, like Wally Park and The Parking Spot along Camp Creek pkwy. They usually have online coupons with a saturday night stay that will cut the per day cost to $6-$7/day and they will pick you up at your car and drop you off right on the terminal curb. (no long walks). I do this for shorter trips (a week or less) where I value time convenience or I'm traveling with a maximum amount of luggage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: