Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 06:38 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,350,834 times

Advertisements

I'll see your debate lies Top Five Obama Debate Lies

and raise you four years of broken promises:

Quote:
Top 10 Broken Promises

1. Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners

Obama created a fund, but it failed to meet its own benchmarks for helping homeowners. A special inspector general deemed the program "a colossal failure."

2. Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes

In 2010, Obama agreed to a deal with Republicans to extend the current tax rates for another two years. He will get another shot at keeping this promise if he wins re-election.

3. Close the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center

Obama has consistently said he wants the facility closed, but he hasn’t found a way to get Congress to agree. Guantanamo Bay remains open.

4. Create cap and trade system with interim goals to reduce global warming

A bill for cap-and-trade passed the U.S. House of Representatives in 2009, but the Senate wouldn’t bite. Now Republicans control Congress, and it’s considered dead.

5. Sign the Employee Free Choice Act, making it easier for workers to unionize

This didn’t get done when Democrats controlled Congress, and now it looks as if it won’t get done at all, thanks to Republican opposition.

6. Allow imported prescription drugs

The White House dropped this pledge as it lured drug makers to get on board with the president’s health care law. The promise hasn’t been heard from since.

7. Sign the Freedom of Choice Act

Candidate Obama said one of the first things he wanted to do was sign abortion rights legislation. President Obama said he had other priorities and wanted to tamp down anger surrounding the issue.

8. Create a public option health plan for a new National Health Insurance Exchange

Congress rejected the idea for a public health insurance option open to everyone. Obama downplayed the fact that it was left out of the final version of the health care law.

9. Introduce a comprehensive immigration bill in the first year

Obama said he would introduce legislation that included a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. But other priorities -- health care and financial regulation -- seemed to run out the clock.

10. Bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda

On matters large and small, partisanship is worse than ever.

PolitiFact | The lists: Barack Obama's Top 10 Broken and Kept promises

Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
I'll see your debate lies Top Five Obama Debate Lies

and raise you four years of broken promises:
Irrelevant to my post or the one I was responding to.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:31 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,350,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Irrelevant to my post or the one I was responding to.
Of course it is irrelevant. It is only important to call out one side for their inaccurate statements.

Lord knows it is even worse to call out the president for his failed record and broken promises.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:36 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Of course it is irrelevant. It is only important to call out one side for their inaccurate statements.

Lord knows it is even worse to call out the president for his failed record and broken promises.
Nobody ever claimed Obama was 100% truthful in the debate.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,690,758 times
Quote:
You acted as if only Romney had inaccuracies.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
I'm just amazed that he managed to stay awake.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
You acted as if only Romney had inaccuracies.
How so?

Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 AM

230 posts, read 492,738 times
Neal Boortz and Eric Erickson are tolerable (until they bring in religion) and Shawn Hannity just puts me to sleep, so I had no problem with the old line up. Does anyone know what happened to Michael Savage? He used to be on couple of years ago.

Rush Limbaugh, on the other hand, is quite ignorant of the world on top of being an absolute nutter. Saying Hindu's bombed Pearl Harbour and not being able to identify an Australian from a Briton, just to name a few. The most ludicrous claim was that the NHS segment at the opening ceremony was a plot to support Obama.

Rush Limbaugh Cracks Up and Claims the Olympic Opening Ceremony Was an Obama Conspiracy

I am glad that I retained my other citizenship's, once I "became" an American. I have just never lived in a country so divided on political lines before.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:18 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,884,956 times
When has Niel Bortz ever talked about religion? He is the most libertarian of bunch and actually supports gay rights.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 PM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
When has Niel Bortz ever talked about religion? He is the most libertarian of bunch and actually supports gay rights.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta