Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 09:24 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,511,419 times

Advertisements

I hope this doesn't have too negative of an effect on Chattanooga. I've always associated Krystal with Chattanooga and thought it was pretty cool that one of my favorite fast food places was based in such an unassuming, yet cool town that I've always enjoyed visiting as far back as I can remember(my dad worked out of there so we are talking about some of my earliest memories). Imagine if Coca Cola up and left Atlanta? This is sorta what it feels like to me. Maybe I'm being over dramatic but can't Krystal stay in its hometown and not sellout for a bigger bottom line or closer airport access? It's not like Krystal is an international brand or anything. It doesn't even make it up here to northern Virginia.

Well, I suppose there will always be Moon Pie. If they leave I will lose all faith in humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 05:40 AM

3,695 posts, read 5,938,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
I hope this doesn't have too negative of an effect on Chattanooga. I've always associated Krystal with Chattanooga and thought it was pretty cool that one of my favorite fast food places was based in such an unassuming, yet cool town that I've always enjoyed visiting as far back as I can remember(my dad worked out of there so we are talking about some of my earliest memories). Imagine if Coca Cola up and left Atlanta? This is sorta what it feels like to me. Maybe I'm being over dramatic but can't Krystal stay in its hometown and not sellout for a bigger bottom line or closer airport access? It's not like Krystal is an international brand or anything. It doesn't even make it up here to northern Virginia.

Well, I suppose there will always be Moon Pie. If they leave I will lose all faith in humanity.
Chattanooga has actually been doing really well lately between the VW plant and the massive Amazon Distribution Center (the latter wholly due to the fact that Tennessee caved on sales tax exemptions while Georgia refused, causing them to close shop in McDonough). I doubt they miss a beat over this.

The really devastating closures are things like the Cooper Tire plant in Albany closing, losing 1,400 jobs in a city 1/3 Chattanooga's size.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,798,943 times
Krystal's founder visited White Castles in the midwest before opening the first Krystal in Chattanooga. The only areas that Krystal and White Castle overlap are Bowling Green and Nashville.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:38 AM

69 posts, read 188,958 times
Guess it's a good thing, maybe they can re-hire some of the Krystal employees who got the pink slip when the company downsized and closed the 2 dozen or so locations including the one that used to be on the Marietta square this year.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:39 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,535,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta