Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 08:59 AM

2,437 posts, read 3,850,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
If anybody has seen the progress of the city with Eastside trail portion of the beltline you will understand what I'm talking about. Imagine how things will be in a few years once that add more trails. I didn't even bring up the actual light rail once that is built. Most of the Atl haters and the people that never come into the city probably think I'm crazy but the people that actually live in that area know what I'm talking about. If you are looking to flip some houses anything ITB near the Beltline is the perfect place to start
Even on the less desirable SW side? Will the schools make a difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 09:08 AM

402 posts, read 703,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
If anybody has seen the progress of the city with Eastside trail portion of the beltline you will understand what I'm talking about. Imagine how things will be in a few years once that add more trails. I didn't even bring up the actual light rail once that is built. Most of the Atl haters and the people that never come into the city probably think I'm crazy but the people that actually live in that area know what I'm talking about. If you are looking to flip some houses anything ITB near the Beltline is the perfect place to start
I agree, no telling what Atlanta looks like in just 8-10 years. I think the huge rock quarry park on the Westside has big implications for the city as well if hey build it to Piedmont standards. Barring another housing disaster, there may be a land rush on that side of town.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:02 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,020,143 times
Crazy part is I have always wanted to have a house in the suburbs. Now that I can actually see the huge changes that are taking place in the city its no way in Hell I would move OTP unless I has to. I'm actually jealous of the people that live in Inman Park, Virginia-Highlands,etc. I just came from running on the Eastside Trail and the energy was alive. Families with their bikes, seniors, yuppies, etc all enjoying the trail. People were kind of mad that the trail was only 2.5 miles because they wanted to continue on the trail so they just turned around and went back the opposite way

Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
Even on the less desirable SW side? Will the schools make a difference?
It probably will not make that much of difference in that part of town compared to other portions of the Beltline in other areas but the light rail will probably help that area more than the trails. The schools will probably stay the same

Old 10-14-2012, 10:30 AM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Well, with the Beltline, I think ITB, ATB, and immediately OTB will be desirable.

The question is whether or not there will be a new metro demarcation of "hipness/coolness" based on the Beltine.

"Like, oh-my-god, I would never venture ITB. True urbanity can only be found ITB. ITP yet OTB is only moderately urban--yuck!"

Old 10-14-2012, 12:26 PM

858 posts, read 1,385,309 times
As long as there is insecurity, there will always be new demarcations of "hipness/coolness."

Old 10-14-2012, 12:29 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
There may be demarcations of hipness/coolness, but speaking from a pure value standpoint, there will be no inherent value in being "ITB."

There may, however, be value in being adjacent to or within walking distance to it just as there is value in proximity to Piedmont Park. However, even that will depend heavily on location. Obviously, being along the beltline in Inman Park will always hold more value than being along the beltline in West End. At least in our lifetimes.

As always, things like schools, crime, access, etc. will play more into value than proximity to a park, but it will definitely be a part of the picture.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
There may be demarcations of hipness/coolness, but speaking from a pure value standpoint, there will be no inherent value in being "ITB."

There may, however, be value in being adjacent to or within walking distance to it just as there is value in proximity to Piedmont Park. However, even that will depend heavily on location. Obviously, being along the beltline in Inman Park will always hold more value than being along the beltline in West End. At least in our lifetimes.

As always, things like schools, crime, access, etc. will play more into value than proximity to a park, but it will definitely be a part of the picture.
Generally the Northeast portion of the Beltline generally has great schools, low crime, great access, etc. The Westside Park portion of the Beltline probably will help that area but it's still too close to the Hood IMO. I will put my money on the portion from Lindbergh to Edgewood.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Well, with the Beltline, I think ITB, ATB, and immediately OTB will be desirable.

The question is whether or not there will be a new metro demarcation of "hipness/coolness" based on the Beltine.

"Like, oh-my-god, I would never venture ITB. True urbanity can only be found ITB. ITP yet OTB is only moderately urban--yuck!"
Should say "...would never venture OTB."

Old 10-14-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
As long as there is insecurity, there will always be new demarcations of "hipness/coolness."
Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta