Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:15 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
That's cool. You can laugh at it. The naivete of people on this forum never fails to surprise me. LOL.
If anything I tried to down play it, and I will say it again. Boulevard is one of the most infamous drug strips in the country.
I'll put you up on game dude, Boulevard was the home base of BMF. And BMF was supplying most of the cocaine to a good bit of the entire country for a period of time. Im not talking about the street level BS you see when you drive down Boulevard, Im talking about guys bringing 100's of kilos in at a time. That's what Boulevard is known for in other cities. And even after most of those guys got indicted and locked up, dudes from Boulevard still are at it. They just caught 4 guys and 1 chick from the 4th Ward in a major drug investigation up in Pittsburgh. And Im not talking about Pittsburgh in SW Atlanta, Im talking about where the Steelers and Pirates play. They caught these guys with some major weight and After the police busted this cocaine ring up, the city was dry for weeks. And these guys were from Parkway 1 block over from Boulevard. You don't have to believe what Im saying go look it up for yourself. Atlanta cocaine ring in Pittsburgh shoudnt be hard to find. See what the local media isn't telling you is that with the emergence of Mexican Cartel cells in the metro area we now have cheaper drug prices than even cities on the ocean . Atlanta drug dealers know this and have starting hitting the road and supplying crews in other cities. To be honest I think thats part of the reason the crime rate has dropped. A bunch of these knuckle heads who would be on the streets beasting on people have hit the road and are now out of town. With all the Hip Hop artists from here its not hard to blend in with a rappers entourage while on tour and just drop dope off i different cities. And all of this stuff has happened within the last decade. And it all started from those guys on Boulevard
Sorry dude, but it is funny to me because for one I live in English Avenue, which people also say has some sort of country wide distinction for being a crime filled, drug filled hell hole. Also, I have lived in Detroit and Chicago. I still have lots of family in these areas. I also have family members doing life in prison for big time drug crimes from the late 80s/early90s who were involved in gangs like GD and a specific set of Crips out of my hometown. I do know that in the past drugs were an issue in Atlanta and I also know of BMF. One of my uncles frequently came down here, one that is doing 99 years in the penitentiary, on drug runs and other sorts of organized crime activity. I have cousins who say they would NEVER come to Atlanta again due to things that happened to them here (one was shot and almost died back in 91). So I am not naive at all when it comes to crime, organized crime, or drug trade either. I know way too much about it from my family. To me though, Atlanta is not like it used to be. I also frequently visited back then and know what it was like. And I have no doubt that drug cartels are going further underground now-a-days as they have more eyes on them. I don't put any stock into "hip hop artists" because, to me, all hip hop artists are fake wannabe gangsters and are trying to look tough until something happens to them. Think Snoop Dog at that trial where he was crying after he didn't get convicted. They are facades IMO, not people I think of at all who are genuine organized criminals capable of laundering dope across the country in large numbers. They are kidding themselves. I will give it to you that Atlanta now has more of these wannabes here with all these kids coming thinking they are going to be rappers lol. I even know a lot of 30 something year old guys who think they will become rappers here and they all talk all sorts of talk.

All the violence and heavy drug crimes that happened in Atlanta under BMF is not like it used to be. So no, not naive, maybe others, I just am logical in the fact that Boulevard and O4W is not like it used to be. Even my own neighborhood is not like it used to be. And today, hip hoppers are not the new BMF, they are fakers and trying to act like they are something they are not. People who believe they are anything like BMF today are fooling themselves. And anyone thinking that Atlanta is some big time dope spot today is not looking at it logically either. The big drug spot for the SE is FL, specifically Miami. Miami is much more well known across the country than Atlanta in the drug trade and I would think most would agree with that, even those who don't know much about drug trade. It seems to me that a lot of people want to make Atlanta bigger than it is crimewise in order to have some sort of major street cred across the country. I do agree there is a lot of crime here, but to compare the current O4W with the past O4W/Boulevard/Pink City is a far out notion IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,104 times
@residinghere2007....

You have no idea what you are talking about. Do a yahoo search for "Atlanta + drugs + hub + gwinnett county + dea + mexican" to see for yourself

Last edited by tonygeorgia; 10-17-2012 at 09:15 AM..

Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
@residinghere2007....

You have no idea what you are talking about. Do a yahoo search for "Atlanta + drugs + hub + gwinnett county + dea + mexican" to see for yourself
The person above me mentioned the strip on Boulevard, not Gwinnet county in regards to drug trade. I am well aware of the mexican cartel goings on up there just from the local news, they are a totally different element IMO. And none of those people in Gwinnet seem to be involved in hip hop or BMF. They also are not doing all of their activity on Boulevard making it some street (actually 2 blocks) full of drug trade activity.

And regardless, I would bet that Miami has more drug issues than Atlanta in regards to international illegal importation. They have easier access to drugs down there. I don't doubt it gets here or that there is drug trade here at all, just that it is not heavily centered on those 2-3 blocks on Boulevard, which in effect makes O4W some sort of national center for drug trafficking, not true by any means.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:14 PM

87 posts, read 194,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The person above me mentioned the strip on Boulevard, not Gwinnet county in regards to drug trade. I am well aware of the mexican cartel goings on up there just from the local news, they are a totally different element IMO. And none of those people in Gwinnet seem to be involved in hip hop or BMF. They also are not doing all of their activity on Boulevard making it some street (actually 2 blocks) full of drug trade activity.

And regardless, I would bet that Miami has more drug issues than Atlanta in regards to international illegal importation. They have easier access to drugs down there. I don't doubt it gets here or that there is drug trade here at all, just that it is not heavily centered on those 2-3 blocks on Boulevard, which in effect makes O4W some sort of national center for drug trafficking, not true by any means.
You are stuck in the past. Previously this was true when the Columbians were supplying most of the drugs and they sent it through the caribbean as distribution points making Miami well known in the late 70s through 90s. Once the Mexican cartels took over the drug trafficking routes have changed significantly from the 90s.

If the connect has set up Atlanta as a major distribution point, where do you think they getting it from? Atlanta itself is a major drug trafficking location. Also its not about the crime its about people out there moving weight regardless of any race.

Back to the original question, Reynoldstown is much safer as based on crime reports, O4W is responsible for most of the major crime in zone 6.

Last edited by soulcontroller; 10-17-2012 at 11:23 PM..

Old 10-18-2012, 06:26 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,234,650 times
I love how it seems that people are playing reminiscent of Atlanta's crime.

This thread is extremely interesting.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:32 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times
Quote:
Back to the original question, Reynoldstown is much safer as based on crime reports, O4W is responsible for most of the major crime in zone 6.
This is completely true. At the KNO and NPU-O meetings Sgt. Meadows constantly stats how Boulevard and O4W are responsible for the major, violent crimes in the zone.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,639,777 times
I think this thread is veering off into another topic. However, since we are name dropping, I am from South Jamaica, Queens (NYC), and grew up in the era of Fat Cat Nichols, Kenneth "Supreme" Griff, Howard Pappy Mason, Feurtado Brother, etc. If you never heard of these dudes grab F.E.D.S. or Don Diva Mags, turn on BET's American Gangsta or if you listen closely to alot of rap songs, most of them dudes is rhyming about these cats back in the 80's. I went to school in Md. during the days of Rayful Edmond, etc, etc, etc... Honestly before I moved to Atlanta, I never heard of Boulevard nor English Ave., not saying that those areas are not "bout that life", but they are not world reknown. One thing I do know is gentrification is way more gangsta than any of these "gangstas" in these hoods, and once it has an eye on your block or your hood then it's a wrap. I don't care who is "moving" what, or who is "thuggin" whomever, gentrification will prevail (which in my opinion is necessary in some areas). So hopefully the city of Atlanta will run-off that slumlord company who has held the residents of Blvd hostage for generations, and bulldoze that little stretch of hell, and relocate the people to somewhere safe and clean. Once that happens, Boulevard and all it's gangsta lore, will be no more.

I've seen it done in Harlem, on blocks that made Boulevard look like John's Creek. Fort Greene, Williamsburg, Lower E. Side, Bed-Stuy, U-Street (DC), etc...stay tuned.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 AM

402 posts, read 703,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
...One thing I do know is gentrification is way more gangsta than any of these "gangstas" in these hoods, and once it has an eye on your block or your hood then it's a wrap. I don't care who is "moving" what, or who is "thuggin" whomever, gentrification will prevail (which in my opinion is necessary in some areas). So hopefully the city of Atlanta will run-off that slumlord company who has held the residents of Blvd hostage for generations, and bulldoze that little stretch of hell, and relocate the people to somewhere safe and clean. Once that happens, Boulevard and all it's gangsta lore, will be no more.
Yup, O4W needs ~5-10 years and it will look almost exactly like Virginia Highland if all goes as planned!

Old 10-18-2012, 09:03 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,829,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosolar View Post
Yup, O4W needs ~5-10 years and it will look almost exactly like Virginia Highland if all goes as planned!
That's what I heard about East Atlanta about 5 years ago.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:33 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times
Quote:
That's what I heard about East Atlanta about 5 years ago.
East Atlanta doesn't have a brand new park as a focal point and the BeltLine as a boundary. Historic Fourth Ward Park has made a huge difference. Walked the the entire length of the BeltLine last night and its gonna be a game changer for those neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta