U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2007, 09:28 AM

297 posts, read 1,464,664 times

Advertisements

My BIL is looking to move in-town, and I am looking for some help for them. Does anyone know of a good family/kid friendly neighborhood (or area) in the Brookhaven, Buckhead, or Dunwoody (but not too far outside of the Perimeter) area? They do not want to live in Fulton County so that rules out a good portion of Buckhead. They have two small kids (ages 3 and 1). Their price range would be about $600K to $800K. They are familiar with Lynwood Park, but most of those houses only have 3 bedrooms up (they want 4). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 09:38 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,407,996 times
Cambridge Park/Hamilton Hall, Brittany in Brookhaven
Dunwoody Club Forest; The Branches in Dunwoody
Don't particularly find Lynwood Park to be the best area yet
Drive around Peachtree Hills or Garden Hills in Buckhead (tho I think this is in Fulton)
I like the Jenny Pruitt Web Site as you can sort by neighborhood, radius and more.
Pockets of new homes in each area but these are all very family friendly neighborhoods with mostly older homes. Brittany is a hot neighborhood as many homes are being renovated and the swim/tennis/clubhouse is brand new, overlooking Silver Lake.

Last edited by jxu66; 10-09-2007 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: sorry, no links for realtor web site

Old 10-09-2007, 09:55 AM

297 posts, read 1,464,664 times
Thank you! Brittany looks extremely interesting (just north of Lynwood Park)!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:24 PM

26 posts, read 139,642 times
Pine Hills is in Buckhead and has lots of small kids. It is off East Roxboro about 1 mile south of the Borders and Target on Peachtree. It has an active community swim tennis facility with a heated pool, toddler play groups, supper clubs, sidewalks, etc. It is also near 85 and near a great park with ducks and a lake. Part of it is in Fulton, part is in Dekalb, but you can't tell where the border is--so you just have to look at a map and look for the houses on the Dekalb side.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:35 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,407,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagmypts View Post
Thank you! Brittany looks extremely interesting (just north of Lynwood Park)!
I'd say it's probably one of the best kept secrets (maybe not anymore!) in Atlanta. If your BIL can afford the land alone, the homes there are gorgeous as is the lake. It's also very close to the new Brookhaven Village going up in the next year or so.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 6,920 times
Default Lynwood Park

I saw your message about Lynwood Park and how most of the homes there are less than four bedrooms. There are actually a number of excellent four bedroom choices in Lynwood Park in your price range. I am a builder in the neighborhood and have a great one priced at $669,900 at 3259 Mae Avenue, and I'd invite you to see it on my website at www.firststreetbuilders.com or my agent's at www.troyshomes.com. I doubt you'll find more house for your money anywhere near this neighborhood for less money, especially for new construction. Are you aware of the wonderful new retail project going in on Peachtree right down the road from us called Town Brookhaven? It's going to be great. Come on back to Lynwood Park and take a look.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:37 PM

8,930 posts, read 15,605,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmorgan View Post
I saw your message about Lynwood Park and how most of the homes there are less than four bedrooms. There are actually a number of excellent four bedroom choices in Lynwood Park in your price range. I am a builder in the neighborhood and have a great one priced at $669,900 at 3259 Mae Avenue, and I'd invite you to see it on my website at www.firststreetbuilders.com or my agent's at www.troyshomes.com. I doubt you'll find more house for your money anywhere near this neighborhood for less money, especially for new construction. Are you aware of the wonderful new retail project going in on Peachtree right down the road from us called Town Brookhaven? It's going to be great. Come on back to Lynwood Park and take a look.
Wow, no ad there, I reckon!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:17 PM

21,870 posts, read 14,166,072 times
I would suggest Brookwood Fields and Ashwood Park. There are several larger homes that I have shown that would fit your needs.

There is a brand new construction that is being built on Noel that is breathtaking. The attention to details that the builders have included are incredible. Its a 5 bedroom, 4 full bath and 1 half bath home listed for $775K.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:06 PM

196 posts, read 694,288 times
More advertising! WOW!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 08:29 AM

1,094 posts, read 3,862,402 times
Look into Danbury Parc. It's in DeKalb Co, about 2 miles south of Perimeter Mall. It's new construction...you could get a fully upgraded 3000 sq foot home with basement for $600k. It's also across from Blackburn Park so it would be a nice place to take the kids to play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: