Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 01:21 PM

6 posts, read 4,534 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I'm moving soon to Atlanta to attend Ernest G. Welch School of Art and Design (10 Peachtree Center Avenue) and would like to know next:
1- How safe is area?
2- How good is public transportation in that and surrounding areas?
3- How much will cost to rent 2 bdr apt. in that area?
4- Any other advice?

Thank you very much!
Toni
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 03:34 PM

38 posts, read 86,589 times
So you'll be a GSU student. As a downtown campus, it's fairly safe - but it IS a downtown campus and things do happen. You'll need to stay aware of your surroundings, but you should do that anywhere.

GSU is really close to two MARTA stations- the Georgia State station, which has the east-west lines and Five Points, which is the center connecting point for the east/west and north/south lines. That opens up a lot of choices on where you can live.

As far a rent costs, figure out how much you an spend, and then look for rentals based on that. Have you read this thread? Take a look at that for some things to think about.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:48 PM

Thank you for the answer!
Is possible to rent 2 bdr apt. for $600?
Toni

Old 10-28-2012, 06:54 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,770,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni_777 View Post
Thank you for the answer!
Toni
oh my...try $1200+ in a nice area

$800+ in a bad area -or- much further out of town.

I could find you something close to $600 in athens, a much smaller town, if you went to UGA, but even then those were the cheaper ones.

You can find a one bedroom near that amount.

I would look at Peachtree corners around Peachtree corners circle in Gwinnett. The main advantage if you can drive to Doraville and take the train in, but it won't be a trendy area or anything.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:01 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellbeecee View Post
So you'll be a GSU student. As a downtown campus, it's fairly safe - but it IS a downtown campus and things do happen. You'll need to stay aware of your surroundings, but you should do that anywhere.

GSU is really close to two MARTA stations- the Georgia State station, which has the east-west lines and Five Points, which is the center connecting point for the east/west and north/south lines. That opens up a lot of choices on where you can live.

As far a rent costs, figure out how much you an spend, and then look for rentals based on that. Have you read this thread? Take a look at that for some things to think about.

You can rent a two bedroom in a GOOD area starting at $900+ but those apartments will not be in downtown. You can get those apartments about a 10 min drive outside of downtown

Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 PM

I don't know much about Atlanta, but I saw some apts on Craigs list and I was wondering.
Here is the link to one listing:
Gated Comm - Call Before They're Gone - Super Affordable
Toni

Old 10-28-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I don't know much about Atlanta, but I saw some apts on Craigs list and I was wondering.
Here is the link to one listing:
Gated Comm - Call Before They're Gone - Super Affordable
Toni
You do not want to live there. What type of community are you looking for?

I would contact PROMOVE

Old 10-28-2012, 07:14 PM

Thank you for the answer.
I am exchange student from Europe and don't know much about Atlanta.
I would like area to be safe and have public transportation.
What is PROMOVE?
Thank you!
Toni

Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the answer.
I am exchange student from Europe and don't know much about Atlanta.
I would like area to be safe and have public transportation.
What is PROMOVE?
Thank you!
Toni
They provide you with information on Metro Atlanta apartments for free. Type in "Atlanta Promove" into your search engine and give them a call

Old 10-28-2012, 07:53 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
Quote:
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: