Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 12:54 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times

Advertisements

I'm.scared the kkk is going to riot in Cumming if Mitt loses

Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,639,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
Of course blame it on the tea party. Who were the ones who first threatened violence? Everybody has the right to own a gun unless they lost that right by breaking another law.

Of course no Obama supporters are racist. Saying I am black so that is why I am voting for Obama, is the the same as saying I am white so I am voting for Romney. But only the second would be called racist?

(I am not affiliated with the tea party, but voted for Mitt Romney. I am also Hispanic/white.)

Not all gun owners are gun-toting! I have several myself . I'm not saying that all whites are voting for Romney cause he is white, cause actually the President has plenty of support amongst progressive white voters. I just don't understand people who vote against their own economic interest. I am black, and if I was a black billionaire who hid my money in off-shore bank accounts to avoid paying my fair-share of taxes to the country that I reside in, I would definitely vote for Romney cause our economic interest are aligned. No brainer

Old 11-06-2012, 12:58 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,309,203 times
The only riots that occur with regular frequency in this country are after sports championships. Neither the militia nuts nor the OWS people are worth worrying about, it's the "superfan" types you have to look out for.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:36 PM

924 posts, read 1,455,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
I didn't blame the TP for everything under the sun, I very specifically blamed the Tea Party for ONE THING: showing up at town hall meetings talking about taking their country back while locked and loaded. Want to have a tax revolt? By all means have one. It's not this country's first and win't be the last. But when I see a banana clip all I want to do is get as far away from you as posdible. Any type of civil discourse becomes impossible at that point. And all thiswas long before OWS or any headcases making threats on Twitter. My concern is about the TONE ofthe argument and its tendency to result in violence. I don't want to see that happen again.
Is there actually proof of that happening though? I feel like that would be big news if people showed up toting rifles at a town hall.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:47 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,618,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
Is there actually proof of that happening though? I feel like that would be big news if people showed up toting rifles at a town hall.
Not sure how you missed it. It was constantly in the news during the debate over the ACA. I heard it on npr and it was constantly on CNN. I'm sure if you google teap party assault rifles you'll see tons of images. I think there's video on youtube as well.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:53 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Stupidity reigns on BOTH ends of the spectrum ...

Old 11-06-2012, 02:04 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,348,885 times
^There was a ton of news coverage on the various Tea Party rallies w/ either open carry and plenty of menacing posters, flags, and heated rhetoric.

Image from a TP'er Joe Miller Rally:

AZ Healthcare Reform Rally:

Pardon the site for both but there are hundreds of images available if you type in tea party assault rifle rally into images.google.com and not all of them are anti-gun sites. The site's bias doesn't mean people didn't openly bring guns to a political rally. It's no more welcoming than the New Black Panthers showing up somewhere armed.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:18 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,618,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Stupidity reigns on BOTH ends of the spectrum ...
I agree. I think part of the problem is that we DON'T know one another and are thus willing to believe all manner of crazy. Fortunately, most Americans are somewhere in the middle. Not red or blue, but varying shades of purple, but the rhetoric would have you believe otherwise.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:43 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,690,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
Not all gun owners are gun-toting! I have several myself . I'm not saying that all whites are voting for Romney cause he is white, cause actually the President has plenty of support amongst progressive white voters. I just don't understand people who vote against their own economic interest. I am black, and if I was a black billionaire who hid my money in off-shore bank accounts to avoid paying my fair-share of taxes to the country that I reside in, I would definitely vote for Romney cause our economic interest are aligned. No brainer
You do realize Mitt Romney pays taxes on all of those foreign accounts the liberals love to talk about? If he was not paying taxes on them they would not be on his IRS forms. If he was not paying taxes on them you would actually have no clue they existed. I also believe Mitt pays more than his "fair share." Maybe the liberals should learn federal foreign tax law before they come up with these stories. You want to know who added the lowest tax bracket? George Bush. You know who that helps the most? The bottom earners.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:00 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,403,233 times
LOL @ riots. People listening to bogus twitter rumors again I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta