Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 06:43 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,913,735 times

Advertisements

OK, so I'm watching RHOA 5th Season premiere and Kandi Burress has a new house she's working to get fixed up that's sat vacant in foreclosure for a couple of years. This place is grotesquely HUGE with a guest house, indoor jacuzzi and indoor pool, etc but not very attractive from the outside.

Anyway, Kim comes over to visit and takes a wrong turn and thinks she's in the ghetto and goes all freaky. Kandi sets her straight by explaining that the Mayor (I'm assuming Kasim Reed) lives "right around the corner."

I guess this is somewhere down in Cascade? Anybody know details?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 07:07 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,900 times
All I know is that Kim shouldn't be making stupid remarks, considering that she can't afford to live in her rented mansion anymore whilst Kandi bought her's with cash.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:18 PM

284 posts, read 590,482 times
If Kandi's around Cascade (my area of town) and it can repel trashy nouveau riche flybynights like Kim, I won't complain. How could a "real" housewife of ATLANTA give her son the hideousy gauche name "Kash Kade" without knowing about this area?! Seriously, even the kiddie wannabe gangsters here wouldn't go there.

I applaud Kandi for buying her house straight out and not being another wealth pretender who's house poor/rent poor just for show.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:55 PM

580 posts, read 1,421,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
All I know is that Kim shouldn't be making stupid remarks, considering that she can't afford to live in her rented mansion anymore whilst Kandi bought her's with cash.
I know that's real!! And on another note that area where Kandi resides is a historic area of Atlanta. Crime is no different on this side of town than any other part of this metro area.

P.S.
"She has 2 houses thats "PAID FOR"

Old 11-12-2012, 04:52 AM

23,458 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Yeah, I caught that. Kim was just crass (and probably more than a little jealous). What builder would have made that kind of investment in an area considered dangerous?
And yes, I'm guessing Cascade. I would think that the Mayor would have to live within the city limits.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:21 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Yeah, I caught that. Kim was just crass (and probably more than a little jealous). What builder would have made that kind of investment in an area considered dangerous?
And yes, I'm guessing Cascade. I would think that the Mayor would have to live within the city limits.
Somebody told me one of the Real Housewives bought a foreclosure off Randall Mill. That's a great area, but a long way from where the mayor lives. I think he's a couple of miles OTP though still in the city limits.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 AM

16,690 posts, read 29,506,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Somebody told me one of the Real Housewives bought a foreclosure off Randall Mill. That's a great area, but a long way from where the mayor lives. I think he's a couple of miles OTP though still in the city limits.
Maybe then Kandi meant the governor...

Old 11-12-2012, 12:15 PM

225 posts, read 368,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I wouldn't think Kim would call that part of town ghetto. She probably lives in the cascade/camp creek area, I'm assuming.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:56 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudentinAtl View Post
I wouldn't think Kim would call that part of town ghetto. She probably lives in the cascade/camp creek area, I'm assuming.
I'm afraid I wouldn't know Kim from Kandi or Nene if they walked into my kitchen. So maybe I misspoke. My apologies if I've offended anyone.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:13 PM

580 posts, read 1,421,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Maybe then Kandi meant the governor...
No what she meant to say were former Mayors of Atlanta Shirley Franklin and Andrew Young both reside in this community. Former President of Alpha Phi Alpha national fraternity and baseball legend Hank Aaron lives over there as well. Not counting a list of prominent doctors and lawyers.

Kim comments were strictly out of line especially when you're in the process of getting put out the mansion "you once rented," and here Kandi go giving you a tour of the mansion she "paid in full" lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta