Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 08:38 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
The GDOT is for the benefit of those that use the roadways (transportation), not a bunch of 'blooming pansies'!
The only "landscaping" the GDOT should be considering is vegetation that will prevent erosion- which leads to road failure- PERIOD!

I don't recall the Dallas north tollway anything to write home about; or LBJ. Maybe you should stick to those for comment.
And who set you up as CD policeman to tell me when or where I should comment? That is unnecessary to say the least.

Why is the beauty or lack thereof of LBJ or the Dallas Tollway relevant? I posted links to the new park over Woodall Rodgers in downtown that is similar to this proposal. Should monies not be spent on public works projects and parks? Should our tax dollars not go to things that make the area more beautiful and therefor more livable and enjoyable and for the good of all, private and public institutions alike? If my tax dollars are being spent willy nilly (which they are no matter who is in charge) I at least like them to go to something that benefits the public as a whole.

And the first line was a bit of what is called humor. If you don't possess a sense of one, those things get the dander up. Or will it help if I add a bunch of these next time ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
And some of us don't have the luxury you have of living five miles from everything we will ever need.

Whos fault is it that u stay in Conyers?

Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 PM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
This reminds me of other projects (not just GDOT) that use or are funded by taxpayer dollars. They have grandiose drawings, lots of public "use", all gussied up to SELL the project to the public knowing full well that it's under budgeted. Then after the project is approved and started, things start getting cut, downsized, redirected, or just flat out failed. It's a MARKETING PLOY to get your tax dollars. And what's even worse is the politicking that goes with it along with the undertable deals, kick backs, and bribes.
It isn't going to stop until somebody puts their foot down or up somebody's ass. So, do I sound mad as Hell- yeah, you bet I am!

Old 11-27-2012, 06:27 AM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Whos fault is it that u stay in Conyers?
The housing and apartment market for keeping the price to move out of my price range. I could move, but then I couldn't eat, or even afford to go where I need to go still. Must be nice being rich, have any secrets to help me get there?

Old 11-27-2012, 07:18 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,869,071 times
Quote:
The housing and apartment market for keeping the price to move out of my price range. I could move, but then I couldn't eat, or even afford to go where I need to go still. Must be nice being rich, have any secrets to help me get there?
What is this amazing price on rent you are getting in Conyers that you cannot find anywhere else?

Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
What is this amazing price on rent you are getting in Conyers that you cannot find anywhere else?
Conyers is half suburban and half rural...trust me...home prices here are cheap as hell. Very undesirable place to live IMO, but it's cheap...the commute is about 45 minutes from the center of Atlanta.

It still has it's share of ghetto hoodrats and rednecks.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:11 AM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Free: my parents, who OWN their house and can't afford to move either.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:06 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,869,071 times
Quote:
Free: my parents, who OWN their house and can't afford to move either.
Ah, That would make sense then.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:52 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,350,130 times
Quote:
So it is the real estate market's fault that you don't earn enough to move?

The OP was interesting. Sad the thread was hijacked with this guy's 'look at me' whining.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:31 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
So it is the real estate market's fault that you don't earn enough to move?

The OP was interesting. Sad the thread was hijacked with this guy's 'look at me' whining.
Agreed about the highjacking. Let's get back on target.

Would like some feedback on a previous comment that I made, that this project is far more about the improvement of the quality of the street level urban experience in both downtown and midtown far more than it is about the beautification of the Connector itself. That both are happening is nice, but this would transform the feel of both midtown and downtown and bring east and west sides of the expressway into a more connected whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta