Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 03:41 PM

10 posts, read 17,200 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into studio or 1-bedroom apartments in the communities listed below. If anyone has any information (good or bad) about them or the surrounding area, I'd appreciate the input! For a little background...I'm a 21-year-old college student with somewhat low standards. I don't need tons of space and I don't care about parking. I know GA has bugs "everywhere," but the less the better. Same for other pests. Safety is subjective so while I'd like to hear opinions on it, I take it with a grain of salt.

Emory Woods Apartments
Kirkwood Flats
Oak Knoll
Arbors of East Atlanta
Summerdale Common
Euclid Court Apartments
Pennington Pointe
Post Chastain
Broadstone
705 Piedmont
Parkside Crossing
Crogman School
Cascade Glen
Spanish Oaks
Harmony Peachtree Hills
Hartford Place
The Metropolitan at Buckhead
Lenox Woods
Lofts at Muse's
Shamrock Garden Apartments

Also, if you know of any other studio or 1-bedroom apartments with a rent less than $700 (must be on a public transit line), feel free to leave the name! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 09:10 PM

2,167 posts, read 2,814,945 times
Post Chastain is nice. My wife lived there for two years. Pool gets real crowded in the summer with college kids. Huge complex. Publix is nearby, as well as plenty of places to eat.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:30 AM

23,321 posts, read 43,787,701 times
I assume that access to Emory is important. In that case I would consider Emory Woods. It's an older complex (circa 1950) but the units are well maintained and spacious. It also has a nice pool. The proximity to campus, Decatur and other amenities can't be beat.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:55 AM

124 posts, read 398,563 times
My son lived in Emory Woods last year during his senior year at Emory and loved it. The apartments are older and not updated, but if you can get past that, the location and safety is fantastic. If you don't have a car it is a great location, since you can walk to Publix and a ton of stores and restaurants. If you need access to Emory, it is on the Cliff shuttle line which is very convenient. If you are looking for a party atmosphere, you will be disappointed, as it is mostly graduate students (many foreign). LovinDecatur is correct, the pool there is very nice too.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:34 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,087,510 times
Shamrock Gardens? The Shamrock Gardens on Campbellton Rd? Errr...um..stay as far away as you can. That complex is a death trap, literally. Just stay away from that area as a whole. There are a lot of apartments in that area and they are all bad. Unless you want to major in crack selling with a minor in shootouts then look somewhere else. All jokes aside that area is not a game.

Same with Cascacde Glen, not as bad as Shamrock, but it aint safe either. Crogman School lofts are actually pretty nice, but the area around is pretty turned up too. So I would just X those 3 off your lists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta