Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:20 PM

20 posts, read 66,026 times

Advertisements

So most theme parks tend to stay open till december 31st or year round, even Busch Gardens, VA is open till december 31st and they are way more north than SFOG. Anyways what i'm getting at is don't you think they should keep the park open for something like holiday in the park, have christmas shows and the park decorated in lights, ice skating and maybe even a sleding hill if it ever got cold enough, but on the hill to batman. Six flags in cali and texas do it idk why we don't... I think it could bring in a lot more money to the park. I know people would go and they would still ride roller coasters. To save cost they could only open part of the park or not all the rides. Do you think six flags over georgia should have holiday in the park event and stay open longer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
In the past, they have always done exactly what you are talking about.

They decorated the park for Christmas (quite shabbily, but at least they tried) and they would open just a portion of the park. I distinctly remember riding the Georgia Cyclone in 30 degree weather with the wind whipping at my face.

I never knew they stopped doing it. But if they stopped, it must have been because it wasn't making enough money. It's not that they just didn't think to do it, because they always used to.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
In the past, they have always done exactly what you are talking about.

They decorated the park for Christmas (quite shabbily, but at least they tried) and they would open just a portion of the park. I distinctly remember riding the Georgia Cyclone in 30 degree weather with the wind whipping at my face.

I never knew they stopped doing it. But if they stopped, it must have been because it wasn't making enough money. It's not that they just didn't think to do it, because they always used to.
Oh really I must have been too young to rember cuz i was born in 92, either way they should bring it back. Did you hear years ago Busch Gardens was looking at building a park with a gone with the wind theme, an build it a little north of atlanta. I really wish that woulda went threw because then SFOG would have to try harder to keep the park open cuz competition. it's too bad it has gone down hill quite a bit...

Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
SFOG has gone downhill, but the fact of the matter is it has always been pretty much the worst park in the entire Six Flags chain.

Goliath is the first decent ride the park has gotten in the past decade and I'm pretty sure we were the last Six Flags park in the country to get a hyper coaster. If not the last, then one of the last.

I'm really suprised that SFOG hasn't stepped up its game. It used to be it was the only real game pretty much in the entire southeast, but in the past 10-20 years places like Islands of Adventure, Busch Gardens, and even Sea World have added significant coasters to compete with SFOG. I guess as long as those church vans from Alabama keep rolling in, they'll keep just doing what they have been.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:17 AM

Yeah they have messed up a lot with taking good rides out, it did take forever for a hyper i just wonder if they would have made it taller than 200ft if they didn't have a height restriction cuz the air port close by. I've always been frustrated at how can you have Gotham city with no Batman show? Some things don't add up like magic mountain and the park in NJ, have tons of great rides better events, shows everything. Every year they get something awesome and we get bs. I'd love to see them put in like 5 new really futuristic thrill flat rides, or a big indoor coaster, way off topic but if they made a halloween event like HHN or Howl o scream, busch gardens that'd be sick staying open till 2am. SFOG does seem like its put on the back burner tho. Ever think they would or could expande the park?

Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 AM

719 posts, read 1,332,732 times
Six Flags has totally went downhill with service, operations and EVERYTHING! I don't even think they can afford to do holiday events. I believe they are still bankrupt also. They sold off a bunch of their parks... I officially got sick of Six Flags when we went last summer on a blazing hot day. They only had 1 parking lot tram in operation, and when we got in the park majority of the rollercoasters were operating on only 1 train...

Old 12-05-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolieandre View Post
Six Flags has totally went downhill with service, operations and EVERYTHING! I don't even think they can afford to do holiday events. I believe they are still bankrupt also. They sold off a bunch of their parks... I officially got sick of Six Flags when we went last summer on a blazing hot day. They only had 1 parking lot tram in operation, and when we got in the park majority of the rollercoasters were operating on only 1 train...
I'm sorry to hear that, most of my trips out there are bad. Also I think it's so stupid, for the indoors shows you have to wait in a line 30 to 45mins before just to get a seat it used to be you could just walk in. the train announcements give you a head ache an you can't understand the idiot. They do have money issues but they have money they just choose to give it to the larger parks. I give it maybe 10 more years i bet it'll be sold off... SFOG now is a joke, I hate to say it but it's true.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:45 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,533 times
I think they became too expensive....admission, food, and the games were ridiculous. I mean a bottle of water for $5.00? We nearly spent over $100.00 to get in and that was only 3 people.

When I was little we use to all pack up...the whole family and go have major fun with a fraction of what it would cost you today. I know they need money to run the park. But when you start jacking up prices its just not worth the fun anymore.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
I think they became too expensive....admission, food, and the games were ridiculous. I mean a bottle of water for $5.00? We nearly spent over $100.00 to get in and that was only 3 people.

When I was little we use to all pack up...the whole family and go have major fun with a fraction of what it would cost you today. I know they need money to run the park. But when you start jacking up prices its just not worth the fun anymore.
I understand completely, but its cheaper than a state fair probably lol. I will say SFOG has some of the cheapest tickets to get in, in the theme park industry, considering disney is now about $90 for a adult ticket, universal studios about the same and bush in the high 70s. You really get what you pay for at SFOG which is bs. parking is too high and the crappy food is too expensive. The $1 soda refill is the best thing SFOG offers.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:32 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Hey, I'm not complaining. Just got a season pass and 1 year of parking for $50 per person.

Wish we could get more hyper coaster type rides though. Goliath is downright exhilarating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta