Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 11:50 AM

124 posts, read 270,692 times

Advertisements

I'm asking this question as a concerned parent not to race bait. If you have real information, please help. I'm trying to get information about the Masquerade in downtown atlanta. My son, who is of mixed race wants to go to a concert there. I've never even heard about it until he asked. He is 16 years old. Is this somewhere 1. for 16 year olds 2. a black person would have a hard time. (be honest there are places here where blacks are not very welcome)

I read about it online and looked at pictures. But before I can give my OK, I really need more info. Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnuro View Post
I'm asking this question as a concerned parent not to race bait. If you have real information, please help. I'm trying to get information about the Masquerade in downtown atlanta. My son, who is of mixed race wants to go to a concert there. I've never even heard about it until he asked. He is 16 years old. Is this somewhere 1. for 16 year olds 2. a black person would have a hard time. (be honest there are places here where blacks are not very welcome)

I read about it online and looked at pictures. But before I can give my OK, I really need more info. Can anyone help?
Its a very welcoming place for all that like that type of music.I dont remember if it has certain nights that are for a 16 year old.At least not from what I remember.I know if they do, he would be fine.Not too many places in the city that are biggoted.When I say the city,I mean the CITY not the metro.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:37 PM

492 posts, read 790,677 times
No.

The place is fine for anybody who likes the music they are going to see.

A lot of the shows are all ages so I assume he is going to one of those.

It's a great place for original music that has been around longer than he has been alive.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 PM

124 posts, read 270,692 times
Thanks so much. I feel a lot better. He loves Lindsey Sterling.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:53 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,383,271 times
As long as it's an all ages show, it should be fine. I've never seen anyone have an issue with someone's skin color at the Masquerade. They have pretty decent security too.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:50 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,408,682 times
I've been to a lot of concerts there. They don't ask for ID at the entrance only inside to buy alcohol, so yes it is all ages. Plenty of other younger people and teens go there as well.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:41 PM

504 posts, read 1,545,159 times
Yeah, the Masquerade use to be one of my favorite places to see larger live bands play (in my younger days that is). He should be fine inside the place. I'd make sure he's more careful right outside where people usually park on the side street. It's right off of North Avenue which has it's small share of homeless wandering about. Most of them are harmless though.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 6,628 times
Tnuro,please check out your post[Looking for family members:Willie Earl Roland].I and a mutual cousin left some info for you.This is not a game,I promise,if you are still interested.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:12 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,050,476 times
It's fine. As others have said, the biggest risk is just walking to and from car, but parking is nearby and so long as he is going in and out with the crowd, he will be fine. I've seen plenty of shows at the Masquerade including hardcore punk, industrial, and metal music and the crowd is always friendly and the staff helpful.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:49 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,289,438 times
I used to go there as a teenager all the time. That was a long time ago, though, when the surrounding area was still a little sketchy. I never had a problem, and I'm sure it's as safe or safer now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta