Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:54 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Fair enough, I will take another look at your statement.

Yep I read it again. Right after your "more" statement you went right to generalities. "Blacks really see him as a deity..." Really dude? Really? You are totally suspect on this one.

I can get with the the criticisms you have of President Obama, because I have a lot of critiques myself. But your comment has "Archie Bunker" written all over it. The execution of your statement seems to come right out of National Review magazine or a typical Herman Cain whitewashed radio program.
Ridiculous. I'm actually moderate leaning towards liberal. Please don't try to make a claim that I'm with the conservatives...that's very far from it. I find them even more ridiculous.

However, I'm not going to let my beliefs get in the way of what the truth is. I probably should have worded it better, but many blacks do see him as a perfect president.

Stop trying to nitpick my post to prove an irrelevant point. I stay as far unbias as i possibly can. It's apparent however that you have a bias to you, as do many of the other posters in this thread from both sides.

Oh and I'm black by the way so yeah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 02:59 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,239 times
Congratulations on being black.

If I was the President of all that is black I would award you a Medal of Honor for blackhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Ridiculous. I'm actually moderate leaning towards liberal. Please don't try to make a claim that I'm with the conservatives...that's very far from it. I find them even more ridiculous.

However, I'm not going to let my beliefs get in the way of what the truth is. I probably should have worded it better, but many blacks do see him as a perfect president.

Stop trying to nitpick my post to prove an irrelevant point. I stay as far unbias as i possibly can. It's apparent however that you have a bias to you, as do many of the other posters in this thread from both sides.

Oh and I'm black by the way so yeah.

Last edited by AcidSnake; 12-18-2012 at 03:22 PM..

Old 12-18-2012, 03:05 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
Quote:
Congratulations on being black.

If I was the President of all that is black I would award you a Medal of Honor for blackhood.
I said that because it's obvious you think I'm spewing out garbage because I'm racist against blacks when that's far from the truth.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:17 PM

No problems.

I am turning down the temp even as I type this.

But if you ever want to disprove your racism to someone in the future, you should let your actions do the talking.

Declaring to anonymous people on a blog or other commentary-styled website that you are black before breaking into a head-scratchingly suspect diatribe on black people...is not the best way to prove your blackness to people, I would think.

This action actually makes folks more suspicious of your motives and of who you are(or could be).

Just my humble opinion, of course. Can't speak for anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I said that because it's obvious you think I'm spewing out garbage because I'm racist against blacks when that's far from the truth.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:22 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,521,595 times
Quote:
You are actually co-signing this nonsense, Brother Aries?

Yes, actually.

I'm thinking 2008 (not 2012). When Indigenous Black Americans largely stopped supporting my girl Hillary and instead went for the underqualified neophyte, I was severely disappointed. I should have clarified my "co-signage" as applying to the primary of 2008.

What you said about the Democratic Party and presidential elections stands true--and I totally agree and I am with you.

But the Democratic primary season of 2008 is a whole other story.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Yes, actually.

I'm thinking 2008 (not 2012). When Indigenous Black Americans largely stopped supporting my girl Hillary and instead went for the underqualified neophyte, I was severely disappointed. I should have clarified my "co-signage" as applying to the primary of 2008.
Great point.

But to be fair to our President Obama, there have been plenty of other "Darkhorse" Presidents who were paper-thin on political achievements and yet squeaked by the campaign vetting gauntlet to win the big CinC seat. So this phenomena behind Obama's presidential campaign ain't exactly a new thing, as some people seem to or like to think that it is.

Quote:
What you said about the Democratic Party and presidential elections stands true--and I totally agree and I am with you.

But the Democratic primary season of 2008 is a whole other story.
Personally, I would've liked for President Obama to have been "primaried". He definitely did not live up to the hype. In many ways, he governed like a Dubya Bush-lite, and still is.

I was hoping for a 21st Century version of FDR, and yet Obama seems to govern like he is weak at the knees. I'm afraid that he won't call out the conservatives on this "fiscal cliff" non-issue the way Clinton challenged them on the 1990s shutdown and how FDR battled the conservatives back in the Great Depression and won.

Obama has had so many opportunities to fight for a 21st Century New Deal Act and yet he refuses to use his bully pulpit to do it.

For some reason, he still won't fight; not even for a new firearm restriction bill in light of the recent Connecticut tragedy. No strong politician would give up such gifts like he has.

Obama should have had a Primary challenger willing to call him out on this "triangulation"/"beat the conservatives by being a conservative" nonsense. But given the corruption of the Presidential campaigns since the 1980s, I guess I was expecting too much.

Oh well. Sorry I doubted you, big guy.

Last edited by AcidSnake; 12-18-2012 at 05:11 PM..

Old 12-18-2012, 10:27 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,983 times
Right.....in other news the Presidents current job approval hits 55+ while far left and far right moan and groan

Old 12-18-2012, 10:59 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,083,811 times
Quote:
Yes, actually.

Hillary scared me, too. FWIW. And I ain't black.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
---

Personally, I would've liked for President Obama to have been "primaried". He definitely did not live up to the hype. In many ways, he governed like a Dubya Bush-lite, and still is.

I was hoping for a 21st Century version of FDR, and yet Obama seems to govern like he is weak at the knees. I'm afraid that he won't call out the conservatives on this "fiscal cliff" non-issue the way Clinton challenged them on the 1990s shutdown and how FDR battled the conservatives back in the Great Depression and won.

Obama has had so many opportunities to fight for a 21st Century New Deal Act and yet he refuses to use his bully pulpit to do it.

For some reason, he still won't fight; not even for a new firearm restriction bill in light of the recent Connecticut tragedy. No strong politician would give up such gifts like he has.

Obama should have had a Primary challenger willing to call him out on this "triangulation"/"beat the conservatives by being a conservative" nonsense. But given the corruption of the Presidential campaigns since the 1980s, I guess I was expecting too much.

Oh well. Sorry I doubted you, big guy.

Green --> I totally agree 100%. Right on.

Yellow --> Exactly what I was hoping for too. And--exactly what our country/society needs, really.

Last edited by aries4118; 12-19-2012 at 11:07 AM..

Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Hillary scared me, too. FWIW. And I ain't black.
People are free to like who they want, but my point is that Hillary, in my opinion, aligns/aligned more with the interests of Indigenous Black Americans (IBAs).

Barack Obama ain't nothing but a white-East Coast-elitist-type with the convenience of light African-kissed skin.

Last edited by aries4118; 12-19-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta