Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 11:54 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
We need to find some way to work in our high ownership of machine guns and our ultra low rate of high school graduation.

"Georgia...what we lack in educational attainment we make up for in firearms."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 12:25 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
No, it's you being angry I don't like Atlanta and disagree with your opinions. I said it' lie Central park because the park is sided by highrises and skyscraper. I never said the whole city of New York was like the city of Atlanta. You're putting words in my mouth and twisting them for your own agenda.

2nd, yes, I think it's a top 5 skyline, but it COULD E EVEN HIGHER if the skyscrapers were more clumped together. Is this hard to understand?

I can make any comparison I want when you say things like, "None of you can disagree with me when I say that Piedmont Park + Midtown skyline is one of the most stunningly beautiful urban districts in the WORLD!". I can make any comparison because I've traveled over the world and seen cities far above Atlanta, Hong Kong being one and Atlanta has nothing on Hong Kong when it comes to beauty.

Get off my back. You're starting to irk me very much and I've never been irked this much in this forum.

I don't like Atlanta and I have my own opinions and you can't change them so shut the hell up. Stop taking it so personally....it's just a city. Me not liking Atlanta has zero effect on your personal life. You say I need to grow up, but look at you.
Damn....You all right?

Old 12-26-2012, 12:25 PM

101 posts, read 154,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
We need to find some way to work in our high ownership of machine guns and our ultra low rate of high school graduation.

"Georgia...what we lack in educational attainment we make up for in firearms."

Very appropriate quote for that state.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
This link is rather interesting. I want to know why international visitation has dropped so dramatically here in Atlanta? It was rather high in 2010, then dropped a lot in 2011. There has to be a reason for this.
Because we Europeans know that Atlanta is way off the beaten path. Plus many of us are shocked at the politics in red state America. No interest in going to places like Atlanta with viewpoints so narrow.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Stepped on an ant today; felt no regret. Suspect I will never be a Hindu.
Stepped on a swollen slug in Decatur today. It was a juicy one. Felt good. Suspect I'll never be a Christian.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:51 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Quote:
No, it's you being angry I don't like Atlanta and disagree with your opinions. I said it' lie Central park because the park is sided by highrises and skyscraper. I never said the whole city of New York was like the city of Atlanta. You're putting words in my mouth and twisting them for your own agenda.

2nd, yes, I think it's a top 5 skyline, but it COULD E EVEN HIGHER if the skyscrapers were more clumped together. Is this hard to understand?

I can make any comparison I want when you say things like, "None of you can disagree with me when I say that Piedmont Park + Midtown skyline is one of the most stunningly beautiful urban districts in the [b]WORLD!". I can make any comparison because I've traveled over the world and seen cities far above Atlanta, Hong Kong being one and Atlanta has nothing on Hong Kong when it comes to beauty.

Get off my back. You're starting to irk me very much and I've never been irked this much in this forum.

I don't like Atlanta and I have my own opinions and you can't change them so shut the hell up. Stop taking it so personally....it's just a city. Me not liking Atlanta has zero effect on your personal life. You say I need to grow up, but look at you.
NOW who's putting words in other people's mouths? Nobody ever said their opinion is right, or that youre not entitled to your own. Dude, you are out of control and need to chill.

ME: "Piedmont Park + Ansley Park + Midtown Skyline = One of the most stunningly beautiful urban districts in the world!"
YOU: "Because it looks just like Central Park imo...You act like there are no other cities in the world that have a park with skyscrapers near it....It's like a water-downed version of Central park.... It's beautiful area to see, but not exactly much to see. I can get that experience and more in New York."

^^^ NOW who isn't letting who express an opinion? Who is aggressively disagreeing with the others' opinion?!

Last edited by Newsboy; 12-26-2012 at 01:04 PM..

Old 12-26-2012, 01:55 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germansoldiers View Post
Because we Europeans know that Atlanta is way off the beaten path. Plus many of us are shocked at the politics in red state America. No interest in going to places like Atlanta with viewpoints so narrow.
Agreed. Another reason I can't wait till I graduate my university and get the hell out of here. This is one of the extreme conservative states...Tea party like....the leader of this state say silly things that get into the media all the time and always agree with the extreme right views. It's so backwards, it's not even funny. It's possibly worst then Alabama and Mississippi. That's most likely the reason Atlanta isn't even at it's full potential...just because of the politics. They can't even get more public transportation despite the fact that the metro has grown over 3 million since their last rail line was built. Pathetic.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:56 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times
Oh and let's not forget the 47th lowest grad. rates in the country. Rock on Georgia. Rock on.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:28 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Quote:
Oh and let's not forget the 47th lowest grad. rates in the country. Rock on Georgia. Rock on.
You haven't graduated ... yet.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:43 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Agreed. Another reason I can't wait till I graduate my university and get the hell out of here. This is one of the extreme conservative states...Tea party like....the leader of this state say silly things that get into the media all the time and always agree with the extreme right views. It's so backwards, it's not even funny. It's possibly worst then Alabama and Mississippi. That's most likely the reason Atlanta isn't even at it's full potential...just because of the politics. They can't even get more public transportation despite the fact that the metro has grown over 3 million since their last rail line was built. Pathetic.
Do you think we really care?Actually I think its so funny you say you LOATHE it here but for the rest of your life,every job you get will have the official stamp of the University System of Georgia firmly implanted.
What does that say about YOU?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta