Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Walking 1 mile is direct train service. For those more than 1 mile from a station it is not. The botanical gardens, AS and King Center are all less than 1 mile from a station. Most people are just too fat and lazy to walk that far.
Again, since I was responding to waronxmas and not you, I'm using his/her criteria, and not yours. He named the Zoo and Turner Field as places with no direct train service, yet the few of us who aren't lazy or impaired could walk to those places from a MARTA station pretty easily. However, that doesn't mean those places have direct train service.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM

166 posts, read 325,889 times
Quote:
Walking 1 mile is direct train service. For those more than 1 mile from a station it is not. The botanical gardens, AS and King Center are all less than 1 mile from a station. Most people are just too fat and lazy to walk that far.
I appreciate your complaint that too many people in Atlanta are unwilling to do some walking (I think that's true), but honestly, you don't have to be fat and lazy to think that a mile is too far to walk from a transit stop to a final destination.

You could just have old-dude knees and ankles. Or you could be towing a couple of little kids with you. Or it could be 90 degrees outside and you don't want to show up covered in sweat. A quarter mile is the limit that many people will feel comfortable walking from a transit station to get somewhere. That's a researched fact, btw -- not my opinion. Even with my old-dude knees, I can hack a much longer walk.

I wish there wasn't such a stigma against bus travel and I hope MARTA can improve bus comfort and service to help change that -- the new boss there has said that might be in the cards. We've used the bus to get to the Zoo and Turner Field and it's a good way to go.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:59 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
Quote:
Right I totally agree. I had to beg my friend to take train to peach drop im like yor not going to find any parking just take train and walk to the area..

Old 01-03-2013, 07:04 PM

32,024 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
At the end of the say, despite the importance of education, it is how you apply yourself and how much you're willing to carefully think something out.

Education just helps people get from point A to B faster, if they take it seriously.

As for me.. I got out of graduate school in 2008... I probably would have been better not going to graduate school (or at least delaying it), because of the timing of the recession.
I guess you are right, CW. But it would be nice to have the credentials and the background to understand some of this stuff.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Again, since I was responding to waronxmas and not you, I'm using his/her criteria, and not yours. He named the Zoo and Turner Field as places with no direct train service, yet the few of us who aren't lazy or impaired could walk to those places from a MARTA station pretty easily. However, that doesn't mean those places have direct train service.
I understand your not responding to me and I was not attacking you at all. Sorry if it came across that way.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:30 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
1 mile from a train station is rather far especially if the walk is boring and unwalkable. Imagine walking from Civic Center to Midtown Station. That is about a mile.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,997,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Carter Center
Fernbank
Virginia-Highland
Botanical Garden
Atlantic Station
History Center
MLK sites
I'll give you those, except for the Botanical Gardens (which is a bit of a walk fro, Arts center, but a very pleasant walk) and King Center which has a whole station named after it and isn't that far from Peachtree Center and will in a little while have a train right in the middle of the street off it. The others have direct bus or shuttle service from nearby stations like cqholt pointed out, with none being more than a few minutes ride except for Fernbank.

Again though, anyone visiting the city of Atlanta does not need to a car to see any attraction. Perhaps I should have just said direct transit service since its such a minor point to debate.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 PM

492 posts, read 790,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
A monster because I'm attacking Atlanta? Really? You're just over exaggerating now. I have NEVER gotten personal with anyone on these boards. Ever. I have never made a direct insult to anyone, but I'm a monster?

You're calling me a monster because I have an negative opinion towards Atlanta?

I don't care what you or anyone else on these boards think about me. I really don't. You're nobody to me. Call me a monster or whatever...in the end, it's just a forum board.

IMO, the term 'monster' should only be applied to people like rapists, child pedophiles, or mass serial killers like the Adam Lanza.

I'm not going to stop either whether you like it or not. Ignore me if you wish, but you have to admit, I've brought up some valid points in a variety of threads.

Then realize you sound like a whiny little brat when you come in and constantly talk unconstructive crap about Atlanta and promoting NYC like the place needs you to market it. It annoys the p*ss out of people and if you did the same crap in real life then no one would want to be around you. So what makes you think we are cool with that garbage here?

If your goal is to be a spoiled whiny little dipsh*t clacking away in his moms basement on these forums then you have every right to do that just like you have every right not to bathe. Just understand why folks get tired of you if you have any kind of social awareness.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiatoChina View Post
Then realize you sound like a whiny little brat when you come in and constantly talk unconstructive crap about Atlanta and promoting NYC like the place needs you to market it. It annoys the p*ss out of people and if you did the same crap in real life then no one would want to be around you. So what makes you think we are cool with that garbage here?

If your goal is to be a spoiled whiny little dipsh*t clacking away in his moms basement on these forums then you have every right to do that just like you have every right not to bathe. Just understand why folks get tired of you if you have any kind of social awareness.
You sound a little angry, son. Do my post really make you this mad lololol? Hilarious and ironic at the same time considering the amount of personal insults you've just laid out. You sound like you're 13.

Ignore me then, son. There's an ignore button for you to use. There are several others who have used it.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 PM

492 posts, read 790,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
You sound a little angry, son. Do my post really make you this mad lololol? Hilarious and ironic at the same time considering the amount of personal insults you've just laid out. You sound like you're 13.

Ignore me then, son. There's an ignore button for you to use. There are several others who have used it.
Typical troll response.

This site needs age requirement of 25 or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta