Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 02:11 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Let me add. It's not everyone on these boards. Some will talk about it, but others like Tonygeorgia or afonega1 will simply ignore your opinion and pass you off as a troll since that is easier then discussing the faults of this city.
Not true at all.Its YOU I ignore opinions of.Your credibility needs work.You lost it with every remark out of anger you make because you were proven wrong.Its just common sense.Atlanta ranks quite high as a city with much to do.I'm not saying his experience never happened but when you have the vast majority saying in opposition,then why would it be unreasonable to see that the majority got something you did not?Especially when its so much of a drastic difference.
For example:
Who goes to any city with their kids and not try to find something before hand for them to do?Especially on a family vacation?

2)Anyone who has been to Atlanta knows that the attractions are very easy to get to.Most people are not coming here to be able to get Buford or Carrolton.

Then on may list dating back several years to present ranks Atlanta with good company as a very tourist friendly destination.

Top 150 City Destinations: London Leads the Way - Analyst Insight from Euromonitor International

Old 01-04-2013, 02:33 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Not true at all.Its YOU I ignore opinions of.Your credibility needs work.You lost it with every remark out of anger you make because you were proven wrong.Its just common sense.Atlanta ranks quite high as a city with much to do.I'm not saying his experience never happened but when you have the vast majority saying in opposition,then why would it be unreasonable to see that the majority got something you did not?Especially when its so much of a drastic difference.
For example:
Who goes to any city with their kids and not try to find something before hand for them to do?Especially on a family vacation?

2)Anyone who has been to Atlanta knows that the attractions are very easy to get to.Most people are not coming here to be able to get Buford or Carrolton.

Then on may list dating back several years to present ranks Atlanta with good company as a very tourist friendly destination.

Top 150 City Destinations: London Leads the Way - Analyst Insight from Euromonitor International
He did find something to do for the family. That's why he was in downtown in the first place. For all of the tourist events there. That was not the problem. He was saying that he thought downtown would be more vibrant and full of energy when it wasn't. He was saying it was a ghost town which is true.

And please...much of your opinions comes from your feelings for Atlanta as well. You're one of the most biased posters on these Atlanta forums. You're one of the last people I need to hear that from.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:01 PM

188 posts, read 297,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCowl View Post
Our family from Canada spent this years getaway (every year we try a different major city) in Atlanta and stayed near Centennial Park this past August. I must say I was very disappointed in the city. First of all heading out anytime after 7PM was pathetic with empty streets and sketchy folks everywhere. Restaurants were closed and shops shuttered. I picked downtown hoping a car was not necessary and we could enjoy just walking around but that was a bad idea. Ended up renting a vehicle and spent most of our time outside downtown.
You made the mistake of thinking Atlanta is a great city.

It's worth visiting San Francisco, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Boston, Miami, Paris, London, Montreal, Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, Berlin, Munich, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Prague, Vienna, Milan, Venice, Istanbul, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Rio, Buenos Aires, Santiago, and Sydney...

But Atlanta? What were you thinking? Atlanta is to the world what Youngstown, OH is to the USA: Not worth a stop.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFox View Post
You made the mistake of thinking Atlanta is a great city.

It's worth visiting San Francisco, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Boston, Miami, Paris, London, Montreal, Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, Berlin, Munich, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Prague, Vienna, Milan, Venice, Istanbul, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Rio, Buenos Aires, Santiago, and Sydney...

But Atlanta? What were you thinking? Atlanta is to the world what Youngstown, OH is to the USA: Not worth a stop.
If I decided to do a World Tour of different cities, Atlanta wouldn't be a city I would include on the tour...there's simply not much unique about this city and just wouldn't be worth the ticket price. That's how I see it.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
Quote:
If I decided to do a World Tour of different cities, Atlanta wouldn't be a city I would include on the tour...there's simply not much unique about this city and just wouldn't be worth the ticket price. That's how I see it.
No one asked u what u would do we could careless. I'm surprised your finishing school because u spend more time on here telling folks how much u hate Atlanta. Your beginning to look like the troll under the bridge ...

Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
Quote:
I know about this argument...I've read about it many times in the NYC forum, but I asked him specifically what makes a real NYCer. I don't want or need your opinion. Thanks.
Yeah u do and he just read u your rights .. promoting a city u don't know 2 cents about and the way u post I can tell your experience with NYC is very limited why your praiseing it so much. U act just like a fake New Yorker

Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM

730 posts, read 827,912 times
Quote:
it depends on a person's interests. There are certainly landmarks and other things here that people would want to see. And no city in the US, other than nyc maybe, can compete with Europe when it comes to tourism. You dont have the history, art, architecture, etc. here to compete with the cities over there. No **** most people would choose Barcelona over Atlanta to visit.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 PM

316 posts, read 654,889 times
The OP should have been in Buckhead, Midtown, or Atlantic Station eating good with everyone else during 7pm, instead of fooling around with some crackhead back over in Downtown around Centennial Park. I bet the other tourists knew what side of Atlanta they needed to be on.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
No one asked u what u would do we could careless. I'm surprised your finishing school because u spend more time on here telling folks how much u hate Atlanta. Your beginning to look like the troll under the bridge ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Yeah u do and he just read u your rights .. promoting a city u don't know 2 cents about and the way u post I can tell your experience with NYC is very limited why your praiseing it so much. U act just like a fake New Yorker
Do you feel the need to quote everything I post on these forums and make a remark that I really don't care about? Have you not already gotten it through your head that I don't care what you or anyone else on this forum thinks about me. It's a forum. I'm here to share my opinion. If you don't like it or don't care, fine, but if it isn't against the rules, then I have a right to post what I like just like you or anyone else on these forums.

Don't like it. Ignore me then! It's that simple. People like Tonygeorgia have already done it.

I'm surprised you even got an education with your atrocious spelling and grammar. You want to insult my intelligence...I'll insult yours. By the way, it's "you're", not your. Learn the difference.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordtwo View Post
The OP should have been in Buckhead, Midtown, or Atlantic Station eating good with everyone else during 7pm, instead of fooling around with some crackhead back over in Downtown around Centennial Park. I bet the other tourists knew what side of Atlanta they needed to be on.
Pretty much proof that most people have given up on downtown lol. Even locals say that downtown sucks and is uninviting to tourists, yet Atlanta brands downtown as the center of tourism here in Atlanta lol. What a paradox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta