Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 10:09 PM

472 posts, read 809,412 times

Advertisements

Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo’s Oxygen special ‘All My Babies’ Mamas’ | Radio & TV Talk

Atlanta rapper’s Oxygen special “All My Babies’ Mamas,’ which has yet to get a specific air date in the spring, is already receiving heavy backlash.

Why? He has had 11 children with 10 different women in what one person is calling “ghetto polygamy.” Here’s the original Oxygen press release from Dec. 26:

Old 01-04-2013, 10:19 PM

7,356 posts, read 6,523,779 times
Seeing Atlanta and Georgia shrinking rapidly in my rearview mirror is becoming more appealing by the day.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 PM

472 posts, read 809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Seeing Atlanta and Georgia shrinking rapidly in my rearview mirror is becoming more appealing by the day.
At least we're not New Jersey. I'll take Honey Boo Boo and this guy over the Jersey Shore gang any day.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 AM

630 posts, read 1,264,885 times
Reality shows almost never portray people in a positive light. The stars should be embarrassed about how they are portrayed on these programs, not the cities and states in which they live. I mean, come on, who would watch a reality show about normal people leading respectable lives??

Old 01-05-2013, 06:10 AM

101 posts, read 154,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichloromethane View Post
At least we're not New Jersey. I'll take Honey Boo Boo and this guy over the Jersey Shore gang any day.
Really? The Jersey Shore was about dumb white guido kids (Italians, Irish, Puerto Rican and Chilean to be exact, not 100% Italian) partying at the beach. That's it.

All My Baby mamas, Honey Boo Boo, Love & Hip Hop, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Tyler Perry -- ALL OF THEM continually focus on Atlanta more and more and more. If you wonder why Atlanta isn't growing with white collar jobs anymore or why wealthy executives would rather keep their families up North, or why older children of Northern transplants are leaving Georgia and moving back North at record numbers for college and post-graduation -- well these shows are the answer. Just with these 5 shows alone, Atlanta has a nationwide reputation of being GROUND ZERO of America's dumb and ignorant.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:17 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,650,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germansoldiers View Post
Really? The Jersey Shore was about dumb white guido kids (Italians, Irish, Puerto Rican and Chilean to be exact, not 100% Italian) partying at the beach. That's it.

All My Baby mamas, Honey Boo Boo, Love & Hip Hop, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Tyler Perry -- ALL OF THEM continually focus on Atlanta more and more and more. If you wonder why Atlanta isn't growing with white collar jobs anymore or why wealthy executives would rather keep their families up North, or why older children of Northern transplants are leaving Georgia and moving back North at record numbers for college and post-graduation -- well these shows are the answer. Just with these 5 shows alone, Atlanta has a nationwide reputation of being GROUND ZERO of America's dumb and ignorant.
You are completely right. These shows are horrible. Nothing entertaining about them. Wonder how many of those kids I support with my paycheck?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:21 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,197 times
Default Oh great

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichloromethane View Post
Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo’s Oxygen special ‘All My Babies’ Mamas’ | Radio & TV Talk

Atlanta rapper’s Oxygen special “All My Babies’ Mamas,’ which has yet to get a specific air date in the spring, is already receiving heavy backlash.

Why? He has had 11 children with 10 different women in what one person is calling “ghetto polygamy.” Here’s the original Oxygen press release from Dec. 26:

Another reality show; an embarassing one at that smh. Is the media wondering how far they will go?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,438,386 times
Great that all we need is a show that do not represent Atlanta or Blacks properly.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:02 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
There has been some negative reaction to this show from the black community.

Morris W. O'Kelly: All My Babies' Mamas -- Show Must Not Happen

Black America is not Shawty Lo | Clutch Magazine

If We Let Shawty Lo’s Show Get on the Air, We Will Have Failed Ourselves

Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germansoldiers View Post

Don't make excuses or try to act like its okay for Jersey shore to wild out because it was all dumb ignorant Kids fighting and making fools of themselves on TV

Real housewives of New jersey Isn't any better Love and Hip Hop New york wasn't any better Mob Wives etc all these shows im pretty sure dont represent these peoples community .. Its reality TV and if someones dumb enough to sit there and think this represents Atlanta or Blacks when every city has there fair share of of foolishness then that's on you. Don't blame Atlanta blame these Networks who keep doing this.

Last edited by Staysean23; 01-05-2013 at 09:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta