Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM

2 posts, read 3,028 times

Advertisements

Hi All!

I will be relocating and working in Sandy Springs starting in March and want to find an apartment in Sandy Springs or Dunwoody. Can anyone recommend some good complexes in either area? I have been reading some of the reviews on apartmentreviews.com and the apartments that I thought looked good in the pictures have some awful reviews...roaches, thefts, bad management..... Safety is my #1 concern and the roaches are #2 lol. I know you can't believe everything u read but if anyone has any advice that would be great!

I am looking for a 2b 2b apartment and want to spend no more than $1200.00 per month if I can help it.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,425,005 times
I'd check out the ones on peachtree dunwody, just south if the hospitals. Think they are called glenridge walk.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:17 PM

54 posts, read 130,667 times
I recently visited below properties to decide which was suite my needs best:

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][LEFT]Walton Ashwood[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][LEFT]Gables Metropolitan[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT]Parc at Perimeter [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Camden Dunnwoody[/LEFT]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][LEFT]Wessely at Perimeter[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][LEFT]The Heights[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][LEFT]The Drexel[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][LEFT]Savannah at Park Place[/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

All these apartments are really nice and the location is perfect for someone who wants to stay around Perimeter area.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:36 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Wesley at Perimeter, lived there for 15 months and have a friend/co worker living there. Great location.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:39 PM

66 posts, read 103,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyp1126 View Post
Hi All!

I will be relocating and working in Sandy Springs starting in March and want to find an apartment in Sandy Springs or Dunwoody. Can anyone recommend some good complexes in either area? I have been reading some of the reviews on apartmentreviews.com and the apartments that I thought looked good in the pictures have some awful reviews...roaches, thefts, bad management..... Safety is my #1 concern and the roaches are #2 lol. I know you can't believe everything u read but if anyone has any advice that would be great!

I am looking for a 2b 2b apartment and want to spend no more than $1200.00 per month if I can help it.

Thanks in advance!
roaches have been my biggest fear whenever I look for an apartment. I would definitely be angry to have roaches when I am paying 1,200 in rent. It's one thing if it's a cheap apartment and neighbors who don't care but I would expect better for that price. Make sure to ask the leasing office directly and don't let them fool you. Be straight with them and let them know you will not live with roaches. I had to move out of an apartment in Tucker, broke my lease because the place was infested with roaches and they wanted to give me a can of Raid, as if that would solve it. I should have just brought a professional exterminator and hand the bill to the office, but after spending over 200 dollars on chemicals, and battling for three months, I gave up and just moved. I spent more nights in hotels than in the place.

Long story short, I was able to reduce the roach problem by probably 75% percent but I still didn't like it and I moved out. Make sure this does not happen to you, especially if you're paying 1,200 dollars. I refuse to believe that it's normal "and we live in the south" and don't accept that excuse. I have friends who don't have them and don't even need an exterminator. I even lived in one apartmeny where I was the only one who didn't have them and I sprayed the hell out of the place to make sure they don't infest my place. Good luck.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,028 times
Thanks for the info everyone! I will look into those places.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,291 times
I'm in the exact same boat as you. Looking for a 2br townhouse in Sandy Springs or a little south of it, for ~$1,200. Moving mid March.

Could you please update the post if you find any great places or to warn me? I'll bookmark this post and do the same if you're still looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta