Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,850,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowOldGetWise View Post
Anyone know of any impoverished areas that are not widely known? For example, "The Bluff" has a huge reputation but I'm curious to know if there are any places you guys know of, that aren't widely talked about...

I didn't even know Trailer Parks existed in Atlanta til today, haha, what else you guys got?
so what's the purpose in all this anyway? i'm not exactly sure what you're looking for— high crime areas or just very poor?

Old 01-17-2013, 01:55 AM

66 posts, read 103,369 times
An opinion doesn't really matter. There is a difference between an opinion and fact. What is the reason for this if I may ask?

Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 AM

101 posts, read 154,148 times
This thread is all kinds of hilarious. Only in Atlanta would you find a thread like this.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:08 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,222,992 times
What is odd about this thread? I find it a little bit interesting. Only in Atlanta? You think its odd we have trailer parks and ghettos in the "city"? Seems like we may not have any in the city of Atlanta. Is that part of Jonesboro rd in the city? I'm pretty certain the one I mentioned is in east point.

I enjoy threads like this, I always like to know where the slums and shady parts of a town are.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:31 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,094,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I don't think Atlanta has any trailer parks?? I've never seen any.
There is a trailer park in West Midtown on Chattahoochee Ave behind the Neuvo Laredo, cant really see it from the street but it is there. There used to be one off Jonesboro Rd in SE Atlanta too. Not sure if that one is there anymore though. The one off Chattahoochee is for sure still there, I drove by it a few weeks ago

Old 01-17-2013, 06:45 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,720,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Seems like we may not have any in the city of Atlanta. Is that part of Jonesboro rd in the city? I'm pretty certain the one I mentioned is in east point.
Yes, the one on Jonesboro road is in the Atlanta city limits.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,543,483 times
theres a trailer park on discovery in mableton...close to fulton industrial....its not too bad though..kind of quiet actually

Old 01-17-2013, 07:00 AM

The roughest neighborhoods in metro Atlanta in my opinion are

1. The Bluff in NW Atlanta- By far the worst, people get shot over there all the time and it never makes the news. Lots of drugs, lots of junkies, and lots of drug dealers.

2. Six Flags Drive in Austell (yes I said Austell)- This street is horrible, and it actually surprised me too as I underestimated it and dismissed it as being soft. It is anything but. That Marathon Gas Station is literally a killing ground. And I do not know when or how it got like that. Cobb County I think is actively trying to keep the violence over there a secret. I have personally seen the police activity from two different murders over there in just the span of a few months, and it is never in the AJC or on the news. My cousin lives in a complex out there and she said there were about 4 murders just last summer on that street just that she heard about. The police blitz the drug spots over there daily, and the dealers just come right back. Six Flags Dr IMO is on the low one of the roughest areas in the metro right now by far

3. Oakland City in SW Atlanta- It was never really that good, but its gotten a lot worse in recent years.

4. Boulevard in NE Atlanta- Even though it is surrounded by nice areas mostly, Boulevard from Ponce to Freedom Pkwy is still pretty rough. The Teddy Bear and candle memorials that you see on almost every corner are a sad sign of the amount people that have gotten killed over there.

5. Thomasville in SE Atlanta- Even though they tore down Thomasville Homes and Gladstone, that area is still rough. Gang infested and drug infested.

Other rough areas but not as bad: Simpson, Bankhead and Hollywood Rd in NW Atlanta, Riverdale in Clayton County (not all of it though), Gresham Rd section of Decatur, Washington Rd in East Point, Hairston Rd/ Central Dr section of Stone Mountain, Fairburn Rd south of Adamsville, and the Fairgrounds part of Marietta isnt too kosher either.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
Yes, the one on Jonesboro road is in the Atlanta city limits.
As is the one in West Midtown, its only about 2 minutes from Howell Mill Rd

Old 01-17-2013, 09:41 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,219,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
We have already had this debate.
You are too funny...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta