U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-29-2013, 11:36 AM
 
1,697 posts, read 1,954,975 times
Reputation: 1337

Advertisements

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...psc83e4575.png. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...psb4934ab6.png I'm having trouble posting the pics so I just did the links. I would appreciate it if someone could fix it. I post from a cell phone so I have a little trouble with these things.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
1,262 posts, read 2,719,984 times
Reputation: 973
Awesome! Downtown needs more infill development like this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,728 posts, read 20,627,799 times
Reputation: 5637
Where will this building be located?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM
JPD
 
12,159 posts, read 16,471,356 times
Reputation: 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Where will this building be located?
I'm not sure, but possibly across JW Dobbs from GA Pacific. The building at Park Place and JW Dobbs was just torn down, and GSU has two other projects in the works on JW Dobbs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA..don't go to GSU
1,110 posts, read 1,478,382 times
Reputation: 366
They bought some old hotel and parking deck and are building a new housing complex on JW Dobbs...complete with free tanning beds and swimming pools.

Way to prioritize GSU. Sugar babies and big booty hoes from all around please apply to GSU. You can't NOT get in...

I'm glad to hear about the new law building though. Hopefully it won't be like Petit where it's cool looking on the outside, but a mess on the inside. I hope they build campus north and not south.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 03:06 PM
 
989 posts, read 1,576,679 times
Reputation: 689
That looks awesome.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,728 posts, read 20,627,799 times
Reputation: 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
They bought some old hotel and parking deck and are building a new housing complex on JW Dobbs...complete with free tanning beds and swimming pools.

Way to prioritize GSU. Sugar babies and big booty hoes from all around please apply to GSU. You can't NOT get in...

I'm glad to hear about the new law building though. Hopefully it won't be like Petit where it's cool looking on the outside, but a mess on the inside. I hope they build campus north and not south.
Land is cheaper south, but the government center is blocking all development.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA..don't go to GSU
1,110 posts, read 1,478,382 times
Reputation: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Land is cheaper south, but the government center is blocking all development.
Well no, I just don't want to be near underground.

There's not much north? They could at least gobble up land on JW Dobbs and Auburn Avenue(high crime spots, students avoid)

That development would be really nice and good for Atlanta. Let's push all the poverty and failure farther west and south. Keep north and the east nice and clean(i.e. try to keep the bad part of Atlanta away from our tourists, businessmen, students and rich people in Buckhead) .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
23,728 posts, read 20,627,799 times
Reputation: 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
Well no, I just don't want to be near underground.

There's not much north? They could at least gobble up land on JW Dobbs and Auburn Avenue(high crime spots, students avoid)

That development would be really nice and good for Atlanta. Let's push all the poverty and failure farther west and south. Keep north and the east nice and clean(i.e. try to keep the bad part of Atlanta away from our tourists, businessmen, students and rich people in Buckhead) .
That is a terrible way to think and its people like you is why those in need don't get the help they deserve! GSU needs to move towards South Downtown and rehab the area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 PM
 
Location: The Greatest city on Earth: City of Atlanta Proper
8,149 posts, read 13,379,399 times
Reputation: 6379
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Where will this building be located?
The new building will be built on top of this parking lot across from the Georgia Pacific Building:

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...169.27,,0,1.05
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top