Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
It's going to be a nice walk one day from Glenwood Park to Piedmont Park
It's going to be a nice walk one day around this entire city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
It's going to be a nice walk one day from Glenwood Park to Piedmont Park
In my opinion, it already is. But it's only going to get better.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,022,098 times
One day we will be able to hike from Stone Mountain to Alabama

Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,250,231 times
Does anyone have any more recent info about Mims Park. I haven't heard anything since it was approved.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,240,118 times
Really looking forward to work on the westside portion. I think it is going to be interesting over there. I am curious to see how much, if any, immediate investment / redevelopment occurs once the work starts. I am inclined to think that if they don't go full bore on the westside trail and attempt to slowly complete small projects, they trail will be much less of a short term success. I think they need to go all "shock and awe" in that part of town to really spur redevelopment.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:24 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Really looking forward to work on the westside portion. I think it is going to be interesting over there. I am curious to see how much, if any, immediate investment / redevelopment occurs once the work starts. I am inclined to think that if they don't go full bore on the westside trail and attempt to slowly complete small projects, they trail will be much less of a short term success. I think they need to go all "shock and awe" in that part of town to really spur redevelopment.
Lot of open land with potential near the purposed trail.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:42 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,424 times
Does anybody know if the city/beltline is working towards gaining the ROW for the southeast portion of the beltline? I have heard various updates about every other section in creative loafing except for that one. Whenever I ask a beltline rep at festivals, they have no answer for the southeast quadrant. Anybody have any insight that I can't locate? If Grant Park and Zoo Atlanta were linked to the beltline sooner, it would provide families better access and a healthier way to get to the zoo, as well as further connecting the most urban and walkable parts of Atlanta.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,360,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Woodruff Foundation donated $3M to extend the Eastside Trail to DeKalb Ave. Majority of that price is replacing the Edgewood Ave bridge. Work is set to begin on the Westside Resivior Park and trails on the westside.
Quote:
Where did you get that info regarding the Westside Park?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
BeltLine meetings and officials at festivals.
Weird. I and a few others asked the same thing at some Beltline meetings, as I live on the westside. We were met with general groans and the feeling that it would be several (5-10) years before they even thought about starting.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:12 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Weird. I and a few others asked the same thing at some Beltline meetings, as I live on the westside. We were met with general groans and the feeling that it would be several (5-10) years before they even thought about starting.
One enthusiastic individual said the westside was the next focus after the completion of the Eastside Trail.
The SE part is still a semi-active railroad.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
Does anybody know if the city/beltline is working towards gaining the ROW for the southeast portion of the beltline? I have heard various updates about every other section in creative loafing except for that one. Whenever I ask a beltline rep at festivals, they have no answer for the southeast quadrant. Anybody have any insight that I can't locate? If Grant Park and Zoo Atlanta were linked to the beltline sooner, it would provide families better access and a healthier way to get to the zoo, as well as further connecting the most urban and walkable parts of Atlanta.
I can't answer, but this might be of interest -

From the Cabbagetown Yahoo Group:

Hello everyone,
Per our normal schedule the HP/Land Use committee meeting will be held at
7pm on Monday, February 4th at the Community Center (177 Estoria Street). This month we will be
hosting representatives from Atlanta Beltline Inc to discuss plans for the
SE portion of the Beltline which includes Cabbagetown.

As always, meetings are open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta